Kamp Rite Collapsible Tent Cot

fzsk4p

Adventurer
Good sales going on now for these.

Have the regular Double TC and like it. But it does take up a lot of room in the trailer.

Anyone use one of these collapsible models ??

AFSOC

Explorer
I use a KampRite Tentcot double. I love it for staying up off the ground. Here in Florida they are fantastic for avoiding the crawling critters and minimizing the amount of sand in the tent and bedding. I like that they can be vented in all four directions for a cross breeze. I have spent a dry night in near tropical storm strength weather, so they'll hold up to wind.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
I got one...

I bought one on sale at a local sporting goods store. Guess they were not high volume sellers...Anyway, I use it when sleeping in the back of the Heep is to hot and stuffy. Also took it on this last rotation to Ft Irwin, Ca...Needless to say I was the envy of all my fellow soldiers! Esp. after a long night of creepy crawlies keeping folks awake! Not me...slept like a baby!:wings:

CUCV GRV

KJ6ZWQ
I have the double sized version. Being a 6'2" 300 lbs guy this thing has come through with flying colors. I have used it in the snow and rain. It is the best tent I have owned. The newest model has a new Storage bag that slings underneath. It is also very quick to setup.

theicecreampeople

Adventurer
ive been looking at these ,i think i have seen some rover guys put them on the roof ?looks like the same thing ?would be nice off the ground for sure

COONASS

Observer
I used the original oversized model for years and loved everything about it except for the bulk.

When the collapsible model came out ,I switch to it.

The TC701 model is great for trips when you know your camp will be moved daily.

The thing folds up to the size of a camp chair, can be used as a ground tent, tent-cot or just a cot. It has seperate rain fly as well.

As a matter of fact the tc701 model is the only one we keep in stock.

S

Squatchout

I've been curious about the collapsible as well. I'm looking for something quick that will fit in a solo canoe and also be used for the quick Friday overnights before a weekend float trip. The regular tent cots are just too bulky. On the river I fish a lot there are several beaches/gravel bars that are baseball to softball sized river gravel. Hard to get a good sleep on that even with a thick pad in a ground tent. Nice to hear some good comments on these Tentcots.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I have a Double Tentcot and it works nicely. It's very comfortable, and no more fiddly to set up than a regular tent. But it is definitely a bit bulky and heavy. I tie it down to the roof rack because my car & truck are too small to fit it inside with much room to spare for other gear.

IMG_0291.jpg

samurai4.jpg

campsite2.jpg

I definitely like it better than a regular ground tent, but it can't compare to my Lifetime Tent Trailer.

NuggetHoarder

Adventurer
I tie it down to the roof rack because my car & truck are too small to fit it inside with much room to spare for other gear.

Have you traveled through a rainstorm with the tent packed up on the roof? Does the tent get soaking wet through and through if it's sitting on the roof? I'd like to put it on the roof rack, but I'm afraid it would get completely soaked if I drive though the rain.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
Have you traveled through a rainstorm with the tent packed up on the roof? Does the tent get soaking wet through and through if it's sitting on the roof? I'd like to put it on the roof rack, but I'm afraid it would get completely soaked if I drive though the rain.

I live in California, where it doesn't rain during camping season. :wings:

But to answer your question, no it does not have a waterproof storage bag. If you were to do what I do, you'd be better off putting the Tentcot into a roof storage box or inside your vehicle.

But once you have the Tentcot set up at camp, if it starts raining you will stay dry. It has a very well designed rain fly which keeps it both dry and toasty inside (all things considered).

S

Squatchout

So has anyone used the collapsable yet? How was it so far? Does this model come with the rain fly or is it an option like on the other tentcots?

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94