Tire/Wheel Advice

rcintx

Adventurer
I hate it:)victory:), but it is that time again. I am in need of new tires. I am currently running Bridgestone Revo II's in 275r60/20 on a 2006 Dodge Ram 2wd 1500 QC.

This truck was also offered with a 17" wheel package. I am considering picking a set of these rims up and going that direction. Any advice on 17 vs 20" wheels?

I drive primarily highway, but get off the pavement every chance I get. I need an A/T tire but nothing too serious. M/T would be overkill.

I am thinking about these tires, but open to any other suggestions. (In either the 17 or 20").

Bridgestone Revo's
BfGoodrich AT KO
Firestone Destination A/T

Any advice, opinions? All are welcome.

Thanks!

chasespeed

Explorer
I agree, on the Duelers...had a few sets on various vehicles... were great... then again, most of my off road exploits were in sand at that time....

Chase

01tundra

Explorer
I ran Revo's on my '01 Tundra back in the day and currently have the Revo II's on my '08 Tundra, they're hard to beat IMO.

rcintx

Adventurer
Is there any reason to go to a 17" wheel over the 20? The only thing I can think of would be more sidewall, but is it necessary?

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Tires should be a few $$ less, more sidewalk offers better curb protection for the rim, also allows more lateral flex (smoother ride?). But mainly tire cost.

A

Accrete

Explorer
we sold our 07 TACO 4x4 TRD Sport we had revo II on and we were totaly sold on their performance in the wet oregon conditions. we are in the research mode for a full sized truck and will look seriously at our tire options and may put revo II on the new rig also. (we ran 245/75/r17 on our stock TACO, tall and skinny for us. slices through the standing water like a knife through butter).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz