Canopy truck topper suggestions for Cummins

Darwin

Explorer
Looking for an aluminium type truck canopy like the Gem Top Workmaster with the rear door that will fit on a 93 cummins. I do not see anything available. Next question. What other long bed trucks Ford/Chevy/ newer Dodges would fit on a first gen. cummins? What's the difference in bed size?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Darwin

chasespeed

Explorer
93.... 1st gen right?

Measure across the bedrails, front AND rear.. if they are the same, I would say jsut about any aluminum topper will do the job. I have a 2nd gen, and believe it or not, around here at least, 8ft 2nd gen toppers are aparently very hard to come by.... my current top is off a Ford....

Oh, and measure the tailgate opening, and make sure what you want will work...

Chase

Rot Box

Explorer
The first gen Dodge beds are very much like the 87 and older (91 and older crew cabs) GM's or 97 and older Fords. Ford shells slant forward in the front to match the Ford cab. I found that the Ford shells (97 and older style) fit on my Dodge okay, but the top front on some of them would rub slightly on the cargo light of my 92 W250. It didn't bother me enough to modify anything... Hope this helps.

Andrew

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
93.... 1st gen right?

Measure across the bedrails, front AND rear.. if they are the same, I would say jsut about any aluminum topper will do the job. I have a 2nd gen, and believe it or not, around here at least, 8ft 2nd gen toppers are aparently very hard to come by.... my current top is off a Ford....

Oh, and measure the tailgate opening, and make sure what you want will work...

Chase

Just scored a proper second gen topper last night! The hunter green does look a bit funny on my dark blue truck, but a trip to the industrial paint store this morning should fix that! He wanted $400 but I drove away for $150. It has no side windows which will help with stealth camping and wet suit changes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz