Help with 4.75 ratio diffs

arkaron

Hi from Russia,

Brothers,

we've been in off-road for quite some time in Russia,
competing in Land Rover cars and at this moment our team is the winner of a Russia Amateur Championship 2006.

You can see photos of us at http://arkasha.aronov.ru/?4x4. (in Russian, you should use left menu for photos)

Now we rebuild our RRC for a Higher Category class in Russia Trophy Championship and we require some spare parts. (We haven't that parts in Russia's markets)
We want to buy 4.75 ratio diffs with 24 splines and full installation kit
(spacer rings, bolts, etc.)
Diffs are necessary to us urgently.

Could you help us?
How we can buy and get that parts from Russia?

We wrote letters to KAMdiffs and GreatBasin but got no answer. May be try another way?

(We can pay by credit card and we think that DHL/UPS are the best in cargo :)

Thanks in advance,
ÌÎÙÙ (Power) Off-Road Team

PS: sorry for my English :)

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Welcome! If you go to www.lrrforums.com and post that question, there is a guy named jarrodw that just put them into his rangie. Tell him stevenmd sent you. He will be more than willing to help you out. Good luck!

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the Portal. I've seen lots of great pictures from Russia in the past, great scenery. I've always wanted to visit there. I took a few years of Russian in college and need to practice! :punk03:

SeaRubi

Explorer
I would think Ashcroft is your best bet!

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/

if this is a competition rig, they can also "peg" the diffs for you to help the ring and pinion live a little longer ... this is a popular mod in the winch challenge vehicles that Ashcroft sells to there in the UK.

edit:
We want to buy 4.75 ratio diffs with 24 splines and full installation kit
(spacer rings, bolts, etc.)

you DO NOT need the spacer rings for aftermarket 4.75 ring and pinion. the spacer and longer bolts are only required when retrofitting Series 4.70 gears to coiler based differentials. Starting with the range rover in 1970 the ring was made thicker than had been on series vehicles.

If you are in a jam, running an aftermarket 4.75 in the rear and a 4.70 up front with the spacer is fine, but the bolts have a tendency to walk out. I was going to run this setup myself but abandoned the idea.

as for diff pegging - here's ashcrofts writeup on the method. they're still not as strong as hypoid diffs but every little bit helps.

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/part_47.html

(also known as the "slipper pad" mod)

IMO, a more reliable setup would be to run stock 3.54's in the differentials, and then a 4.0 low-range gearset from Maxi or Ashcroft, or see if you can get your hands on an Ashcroft crawler box. They might have a couple left but you'll have to ask Dave. The rover spec diffs are weak for HD use and spare 3.54's are much easier to come by. If you absolutely must get more diff gearing than consider the 4.10's.

I would take a horsepower upgrade and 4.10's over the 4.75 gears in a competition based Rover. you will find lots of opinions on this.

just some food for thought here ...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles