need pic of RTT mtd high up on pick up

Bella PSD

Explorer
This tent was mounted on a cap. No way to fit a motorcycle under the cap. But with the tent up that high and imagine the fiberglass cap gone and a rack system in place, you can get the idea. A motorcycle would have fit pretty easy. But that tent is WAY up there, the ladder was not even long enough.

The tent floor was about 7-7.5" above the truck cap in the these photos.

Trucktent107.jpg

Rot Box

Explorer
I have racked my brain trying to figure out how to haul the RTT and my dirtbike and so far there is no practical solution. Even in a full size truck the tent would have to be mounted ridiculously high to make it work. I have thought about removing the rear wheel and sliding the rear of the bike under and mounting the bike in backwards, but I would only do that if I was going to load it to get somewhere and load it up to leave--bouncing around from different riding areas while loading and unloading a bike with no wheel would get really old.

A receiver mounted bike carrier is a great solution if you can get away with the decrease departure angle.

18seeds

Explorer
I have racked my brain trying to figure out how to haul the RTT and my dirtbike and so far there is no practical solution. Even in a full size truck the tent would have to be mounted ridiculously high to make it work. I have thought about removing the rear wheel and sliding the rear of the bike under and mounting the bike in backwards, but I would only do that if I was going to load it to get somewhere and load it up to leave--bouncing around from different riding areas while loading and unloading a bike with no wheel would get really old.

A receiver mounted bike carrier is a great solution if you can get away with the decrease departure angle.

If your truck is full size just mount one side of the RTT to the bed rails and the other side directly to the bed (via some support legs). The bike may fit on the other side.

psdfrank

Observer
I'm pretty sure my enduro would fit in my truck bed w/ my set up though I'm not using a real RTT but I think one would fit just as well. At the least it could fit w/ the rear of the bike going in first...

attachment.php

attachment.php

for more info on it check out my build thread in my sig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz