Central and South America

unURBAN

Adventurer
Hey!

I'm on my way south through Central and South America, and I'm very interested if anyone knows about good solutions for navigation that can give me info on roads, backroads, and even topo for this area. We have a nuvi that I thought I should update with a Garmin World Map, but even this is quite limited in some areas. Any other ideas??? :)

We have a laptop that can run map software (and the garmin nuvi 255w).

Thanks!
E

I have a Garmin GPS as well. I only have the World base map which is pretty inaccurate. We rely on high quality paper maps and use the GPS to keep tracks.

We did find detailed software maps for Mexico and Costa Rica, but could not use them on our GPS. I do know that some countries in South America have good software... I will keep you posted on what we find and please keep us posted on any luck you may have.

Paper maps are awesome anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unURBAN

Adventurer
The link from UK4x4 suggested something called "Smellybiker's Wanderlust Worldmap". The consept looks VERY interesting, but unfortunately it seems that the "test/demo" option on the web page is disabled. Does anyone know about these maps? How good are they?

http://www.smellybiker.com

GT

Has anyone posted there way points online? i bought paper maps but i still would like a gps with topo maps for back up.

is there any post's or websites that have way points on seasonal secondary roads?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles