new suspension

Amesz00

Adventurer
Just finishing new suspension on my canter.
200mm longer leaves on the front, about 3" higher.
Rears are still fairly stock, just reset about 2.5" higher, with the helpers taken out.
130mm longer, braided stainless brake lines for the front.

still to come:
Modified/new bumpstops on the front. (spring pack is 30mm thicker, so 30mm less bump-stop is required, and you want as much comp travel as poss)
Shock absorbers. ATM has none, and im heaps keen for those big-mother remote res shocks that warrior use on thier coils.
Also plan to run the rear shocks outboard of the chassis, between the springs and brake backing plate.

Even without any shocks, the overall ride on and offroad is probly 5x better than stock. its quite remarkable, the front springs actually do something besides simply hold the chassis several (incredibly useless) mm above the axle...

Anyways just went out for some pics, here they are.

Amesz00

Adventurer
dammit turns out old bloke's camera takes pics way too big to post. ill have to shrink em to put them up.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Andrew, use a photo sharing site like flickr. Store all your good pics on there and view the reduced size online, then cut'n'paste the "properties" of the reduced view into the mountain logo when you post. Well that's one way to do it anyway.

Amesz00

Adventurer
Andrew, use a photo sharing site like flickr. Store all your good pics on there and view the reduced size online, then cut'n'paste the "properties" of the reduced view into the mountain logo when you post

Yeah John, ill have to do something like that, or reduce the size in paint... pretty sure people will want to see a couple of the pics i got, one has it all flexed up, front right tyre about 3 feet out of the mudguard... :D but for the moment im busy with weekend stuff, so itll have to wait till monday.

Amesz00

Adventurer
try this...

photo.php

Amesz00

Adventurer
bah! still not working!

Kerry, rough estimate (was done through the business, dad hasnt given me the invoice yet...) is around 4-4.5k, inc labour, not including shocks.

i will endeavour to keep trying with these pics, i am well frustrated, however i will succeed...

Amesz00

Adventurer
try again...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 146

Amesz00

Adventurer
Yeah!! Woooo!! I win! Take that, stupid computers!!!

ironically enough, now they're a bit on the small side... but you can still see em.

Amesz00

Adventurer
No chassis twist! so she's all mounted rigidly.

yeah mate. its not at full flex either, the rears hardly articulating at all. but yes, just ubolted down- at 3300, the trays too short to make any kind of difference, and the amount of arsing round to make it a flexible mount just isnt worth it. besides that, we've built literally hundreds on canters and NPS's this way, never ever had an issue with the mounting. you know what they say, if it aint broke, dont fix it...

PKDreamers

Adventurer
coooooooool

We think you truck looks way cool mate.
Did you have to remove the bottom step?
How high is it(she,him) to the top of the cab?

Great work:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online