BodySurfing

bajasurf

Explorer
A couple photos of friends of mine at WindanSea Beach in La Jolla , California during our annual WindanSea Surfers Reunion luau. Photos taken with a 2004 Panasonic FZ20.

Attachments

• JonSarrett#5em.jpg
    JonSarrett#5em.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 240
  • MikeyWilsonem.jpg
    MikeyWilsonem.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 73

Amauri

Explorer
The water temp has been in the mid 60's in La Jolla lately, don't need a wetsuit if you're used to it :snorkel:

bajasurf

Explorer
I thought the water temp at WindanSea was 66 to 68 degrees Saturday. No problem just being in trunks. The air temp felt colder than the water during the morning-

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Wow, what a rare candid shot of King Neptune!

...or Hulk Hogan?

attachment.php

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Massive 6 year old bump.

Anyone else here bodysurf? I'm an avid bodysurfer and even make my own handplanes.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I used to body surf the Wedge all the time. At 6'-7", I am the same size and general shape as a surf board. Add a nice set of rocket fins, and I was pretty adept at it. Only got rolled once or twice a day :)

That was back when I was a SAR swimmer in the Navy. I was certainly in better shape then than now!

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Just got back from The Hamptons where I did a lot of bodysurfing and boogey boarding... The waves weren't great but you'd get the occasional 4-footer..

I was rocking my old Churchill fins from 1986 which still work great....

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I used to body surf the Wedge all the time. At 6'-7", I am the same size and general shape as a surf board. Add a nice set of rocket fins, and I was pretty adept at it. Only got rolled once or twice a day :)

That was back when I was a SAR swimmer in the Navy. I was certainly in better shape then than now!

Ah I cant wait to body surf the wedge. I work in Irvine and the wedge is pretty close. Scary for someone who has never done it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior