FS: Sierra Expeditions White Tacoma

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
At Sierra Expeditions' open house/BBQ I got an offer on my truck, I couldn't refuse. However, the payment fell through. Some of you may have seen my post putting the Taco up for sale for what I was offered. I was not actively selling the truck at that time, only seeing if someone else wanted to purchase it for what I was offered.

I am now actively selling the truck. The truck will no longer include the bed modifications: Rear Drawer system, On Board Air system, Fridge, Can-back, RTT, or Electrical components that were integrated into the bed drawer system. This should make the Tacoma more universal to end user, as opposed to being built for my needs.

See below for information:

DSC_4711.JPG

Note: Can-Back and RTT pictured will not be included in sale.

2001 Toyota Tacoma Dub Cab, SR5, TRD
Auto
~148,000 miles
A/C (blows cold recently re-charged and serviced)
Power locks
Power windows
Cruise
e-locker (rear)
4x4
OEM cassette / CD

Included Mods:
Shrockworks Front Bumper
LightForce 240's
PIAA 510's
T-Max 9000 competition winch with Outback (longer drum) and modified brake, wireless controller, and Masterpull line with Viking safety thimble, Rugged Ridge Hawse, and Daystar isolator. (not pictured)
SAW Racerunner 2.5 coilovers
Safari Snorkel
IBS dual battery system with RBM
Scangauge II
Total Vision self spotting kit and monitor with aux output and remote
Low Tek Gauge pod, with Cyberdyne gauges for fridge and battery
Yeasu FT-7800, head unit mounted in ceiling linner, and speaker, Larson Hood mount.
Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio in the ash tray location, w/ 'lil Wil Mag mount antenna.
Odyssey 1200 MJT & Die Hard Plat. dual batteries.
CBI offroad Expedition rear bumper, jerry can tire carrier and shovel mount
7 Pin trailer harness
OME Nitrocharger sport rear shocks
OME Dakar Rear springs with Dakar AAL
All Pro greasable shackles
Hawk brake pads and Powerslot rotors
255/85R16s on black steel Wheels (five)
Demello Bolt-on Sliders
Spray in bed-liner
Grey wire mod (use e-locker at any time)
Extended rear breather
Vision X LED rock Lights

Truck has been featured in 4WD Toyota Owners Magazine, and 4wd and SUV Mags.

The bad:
Timing chain and water pump are due in 2,000 miles since they were last done at 75k, will be replaced prior to new home
Front grill paint is starting to wear.
Passenger rear front panel (on bed) has a bit of rock rash from before the sliders were on. about the size of a small orange, if I didn't point it out you wouldn't notice, also has desert pin stripping.

More info on my truck is in my build thread in my signature.

Asking SOLD. Located in Mesa/Tempe AZ. Will consider partial trade for a locked 1996 to 1997 80 Series Land Cruiser or LX450.

If you have any questions or want more pictures post up and I will reply.

DSC_3467.JPG

DSC_4796.JPG

Last edited:

flyingwil

Still nothing, Wil? Are you getting any bites or anything?

Wes, Still nothing man... Have had a few offers for trades, but nothing other than that. Again, I am not pushing the sale too much either.

Man that Taco is BEAUTIFUL! What's it gonna take to include the canback and RTT in purchase? :)

Money always talks.

And don't forget the storage and drawer system... And the fact that it's pretty much a legend in its own time. This truck's build, coupled with Marzonie's, inspired many a Taco owner to spend alotta lotta paychecks. (Coincidentally enough, at Sierra Expeditions. You're welcome, Wil. ;) )

flyingwil

Man that Taco is BEAUTIFUL! What's it gonna take to include the canback and RTT in purchase? :)

I can include the can-back and the RTT for an additional $1500. The Can-Back is well loved, and beat up pretty bad... so basically its just the tent that you'd be paying for. The Can-Back has some soft spots, and some areas hit bad by UV, making it in the "well loved" condition. Let me know if you need any other info or pics.

poriggity

Explorer
Thanks for the info Wil. I've decided that rather than try and sell my Dodge to buy something like the Tacoma, I'll just turn the Dodge into what I want :)
That still is a very beautiful truck!
Scott

flyingwil

I am interested. Any photos of the inside? Thanks.

My truck is currently with a customer/friend while we work on his truck. As soon as I get it back I will be more than happy to post up some current photo's of the interior.

Here is some pictures that I have of some of the non-stock items it still basically looks the same as when I modified them:

IBS Controller:
IBS%20030.JPG

Review Camera, 2M Radio Remote Face, and Aux Speaker for coms.
DSC00830.JPG

The mic mount is double sided sticky tape and can be moved. Also shown is the CB in the ashtray location and Scangage II.
DSC00834.JPG

Gauge pod:
IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

Also here is a link to several pictures of the truck:
http://picasaweb.google.com/flyingwil/Tacoma?feat=directlink

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles