Rhode Trip

Adventurer
Frame assembly:
1.jpg

Main cargo box, trial fit:
4.jpg

Ridgewalker

Adventurer
The trailer is looking great! Are you working from drawings or spontaneous? I see you have 5 lug wheels? Keep up the pictures.
Thanks.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Not a bad price for a custom trailer. I expect to spend 600 or maybe a little more just for materials to build mine and I have been very frugal and salvaging parts.

durango_60

Explorer
Where am I missing the price?? I can't seem to find it anywhere. That might be a perfect setup for me until I can afford the $$$ to get the Adventure Trailer of Campa of my dreams.

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
The finished trailer should look like this one, but with the yakima rack removed, and the structural rack the full length.
newcargo001.jpg

My concern was getting enough carrying capacity for spare fuel.
frontrack.jpg

This area will have 2 scepter cans in locking mounts on either side, and an additional space for up to 7 more scepter cans secured with a cable lock. Also 3 20 lb propane cans. These will have the rack above, and be accessed from the front. The spare will be top mounted instead.
Similar also to this smaller version, except without the swingout tire carrier on the back.
outlander.jpg

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
That is a GREAT find! I think would be a great idea. Gonna show Handbrake this one - she might actually approve!

To make things even better - they're in Arkansas - not too far from here. Sort of. At least closer than CA.

Last edited:

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
Yeah, I really can't recommend these guys highly enough. Give Robert Shepard a call, he has been really helpful getting me just what I need, and keeping me updated on its progress. Really accomodating and able to match hubs, wheels, colors, pretty much anything you'd want to do.
I am planning to pick it up next week, once he's back from Moab.
We're planning to take 2 weeks along the Appalachians...Chatahoochee, Smokies, Shenandoah on the way back to RI.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I like the looks of this too. Very efficient use of space and not over the top ostentatious, not that there is anything wrong with that.

The folding tongue jack will be a huge help and a great feature. But what about a pintle hitch over a standard ball hitch? Any concerns with using a ball hitch on the trail? Not sure what type of trips you take but it seems a pintle hitch would be a good idea for any trailer that will see time in the dirt.

Is the rear axle supported by leaf springs and shocks or something else? I couldn't tell from their spec sheet. Either way, looks like a nice unit and a great way to go for those needing some extra room. Cool stuff!

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
Yes. leaf springs. We discussed a pintle hitch. I didn't think it was necessary in my application. Definitely worth considering, but I really don't wheel, per se.
The cargo boxes are aluminum with powder coat. The Chassis is wet paint.
I expect the tongue weight to be about 125lbs, fully loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles