Small Garage, Big Project

Tom Foolery

Adventurer
Over the past year or so, I have been looking at every trailer on this forum as well as: http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/ gathering all the ideas from everyone to make a trailer that would suit me best. I have always been a big fan of Adventure Trailer's-Horizon and Outlander's-Sherpa II as my finished trailer will show.

So I finally decided to get the ball rolling early this spring. Here are the pictures/info of my progress from start to finish.

20150628_123954_zpssxzfxpeb.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Foolery

Adventurer
I started out using Sketch-up on the computer and then transferred the drawings to a sheet of cardboard for fine tuning and to use as a life size layout.

Trailer Project 2010 (1).JPG

Trailer Project 2010 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Tom Foolery

Adventurer
Having a one car garage made things very interesting and quite a challenge. (NOTE) One cannot truly be creative unless they have "The Andy Griffith Show" playing while you work.

Trailer Project 2010 (7).JPG

Trailer Project 2010 (8).JPG

More pictures to follow later...........

Last edited:

greentruck

Adventurer
Small garage, ALL THE TOOLS NEEDED!

Looks like tight elbowroom is not an impediment for you. Very nice fab work!:Wow1:

Tom Foolery

Adventurer
I wanted to have the frame of the trailer a separate piece from the main box, so I could remove it if I ever needed to. It worked out great to, as I found out when it came to painting the parts.

Trailer Project 2010 (9).JPG

Trailer Project 2010 (10).JPG

Trailer Project 2010 (11).JPG

image001.jpg

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Fantastic Workmanship!!

Love the matching roof baskets...really pulls it together!

Great project..thanks for sharing! Is there a RTT in the fututre?

Pat

Tom Foolery

Adventurer
I wanted to have some rear shackles on the trailer, but since I had the frame at this stage, I felt it would be best to make my own and mount them this way.

Trailer Project 2010 (13).JPG

Trailer Project 2010 (14).JPG

Trailer Project 2010 (15).JPG

Trailer Project 2010 (16).JPG

Trailer Project 2010 (17).JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke