free online maps?

leverett

Observer
so i got my laptop and i was looking for maps and atlases that i could download off the internet for free i wont have internet will traveling so they need to be downloadable.
the laptop is an asus k50 running windows 7. i have an atlas as a back up to my gps but would rather use the laptop instead of the atlas because of the size. any help will do

Last edited:

eugene

Explorer
If your not looking for maps for a particular piece of software you can download anything from the usgs.

leverett

Observer
i have no mapping software i will downlowd one if needed and do the website provided have road and topo maps?

Hedge

Adventurer
Garmin's MapSource and nRoute software programs are available as free downloads. Once installed, any of the free Garmin-compatible maps you download and install from GPSfiledepot will work on them. The nRoute software should give you moving-map capabilities on your laptop if used with a compatible GPS receiver.

Degrey

If you wanted to get really fancy, you could look in to getting ArcGIS and making your own maps. There are plenty of free sources of GIS data with ArcGIS putting it all together is actually pretty easy, including using any data you collect in the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94