WTB: Toyota Land Cruiser 80-Series

car-car

Observer
I am looking for another 80-series (Toyota LC or Lexus LX 450), but I am limiting it to the '95-'97 vintages because I can move over parts from a wrecked rig I have to the new one, if necessary. I am in San Diego, and would prefer something fairly local, but am willing to travel for the right vehicle. I would limit it to CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, OR for ease of bringing it home.

Ideally, I would love to find an 80-series that was already Expedition setup, but I am not opposed to finding a stock or near-stock rig and transferring the remaining good aftermarket parts I have over and building the rest.

Of course, I would prefer a lower mileage vehicle, but I am more interested in a vehicle that has been very well-cared for and all maintenance performed to a level that might seem excessive to most. I am not looking for a project vehicle at this point, so all baselining should be done; I want something turn-key. I am not overly concerned with some scratches and slight blemishes, reliability is a higher priority. Clean title and carfax only.

My only other requirements would be factory lockers, and leather (for the wife), preferably tan. The reason for this is that I am planning on switching out parts of the interior from the wrecked vehicle (seats were in very good condition and the PO had put in a replacement wood trim kit that I liked and I want to transfer over). Also, White would be my first choice in an exterior color, but would like to stay with lighter colors as a preference.

Budget is $7500 to $10000, depending on condition, mileage/maintenance, and aftermarket equipment.

Please let me know if anyone is looking to sell.

Thank you in advance.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
PM MoGas...he's apparently selling everything else he owns! I think he's trying to save up for a new Kia Soul....:elkgrin:

-H-

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
limiting it to the '95-'97
already Expedition setup
lower mileage vehicle
been very well-cared
something turn-key
factory lockers
White
$7500 to $10000

I feel your expectations are too high for your budget. Not an easy find with any budget.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
PM MoGas...he's apparently selling everything else he owns! I think he's trying to save up for a new Kia Soul....:elkgrin:

-H-

No, I'm trying to keep from selling my soul........Do you need help moving the 70? I'm available for consultation....

Ruffin' It

Explorer
Mine is going up for sale. I'm just not using it like I was expecting and it is a waste to drive it back and forth to work everyday. It has a OME 4" lift with J shocks, 35" Goodyear MTR's (the rear two will need to be replaced in the next year or so due to wear and the spare is a brand new 35" BFG AT which doesn't fit in the stock spot), ARB bull bar, Warn 12,000 lbs winch, Hannah Quality rock sliders, cobra CB installed in the dash (needs to be properly tuned, but works fine), factory lockers, 7 pin mod, Longfield axles, Slee castor correction kit and transfer case skid plate, Hella interior map light and Blue Sea aux fuse box for future projects. The radiator has been flushed and Peske Heater Hose replaced with the green will-last-for-eternity silicone hose and Constant Tension clamps, power steering has been flushed, brake system has been flushed, trans has been flushed, the starter (2.2kW) has been rebuilt, rear brakes have been rebuilt (including the parking brake) and front knuckles have been totally replaced with all new parts by TLC (knuckles/birfield joints, wheel bearings, hubs, studs and tie rod ends - cost about $3,000). It has 170,000 miles on it, but is totally solid. I had TLC go over it carefully when I bought it to make sure it was up to back country trips because the previous owner pulled the original VIN plates off and I wanted to make sure it hadn't been in an accident. There are a few dents, the front seats are really in need of being recovered and the pass-side front door has been replaced with an aftermarket one, but you only notice if you see the sticker and the radio ant. mast is broken. The motor is still there and works, but the metal ariel is gone. I just connected it the the 5 foot Firestik CB ant. and use that instead, but if a person is going for perfect, the mast would need to be replaced. The O2 sensor(s) also have given up.
If I wasn't putting 60 miles a day in stop and go traffic on it there is no way I'd sell it. But I can't afford to commute in it and can't afford to buy a second car for the next year or so. I'm not overly eager to sell it, so I won't give it away and with all the work that has been done it is a hell of a truck. However, I'm entertaining reasonable offers.

Last edited:

car-car

Observer
limiting it to the '95-'97
already Expedition setup
lower mileage vehicle
been very well-cared
something turn-key
factory lockers
White
$7500 to $10000

I feel your expectations are too high for your budget. Not an easy find with any budget.

I don't necessarily agree. I am trying to replace a '97 that was completely done and maintained and modded that was in that range. But we rolled it in a freak accident (tire failure), so I am looking to get back to where I was.

If you re-read my OP, it doesn't have to be already Expo setup. That is ideal, yes, but I am looking from stock to built, or somewhere in between.

Well-maintained and factory lockers is what I am looking for. I am not interested in a project at this point (swapping in axles, doing PM that is well-overdue and should have been done along the way).

White or light is a preference, but not a deal breaker.

I am very familiar with the market on these, and am willing to pay accordingly. Obviously, something that is low mileage, well-maintained, with some mods will fetch a higher price than something that is bone stock with higher mileage, and I am willing to pay accordingly.

If I was not clear in my OP, I apologize, and I hope this clarifies.

Thanks.

car-car

Observer
Mine is going up for sale. I'm just not using it like I was expecting and it is a waste to drive it back and forth to work everyday. It has a OME 4" lift with J shocks, 35" Goodyear MTR's (the rear two will need to be replaced in the next year or so due to wear and the spare is a brand new 35" BFG AT which doesn't fit in the stock spot), ARB bull bar, Warn 12,000 lbs winch, Hannah Quality rock sliders, cobra CB installed in the dash (needs to be properly tuned, but works fine), factory lockers, 7 pin mod, Longfield axles, Slee castor correction kit and transfer case skid plate, Hella interior map light and Blue Sea aux fuse box for future projects. The radiator has been flushed and Peske Heater Hose replaced with the green will-last-for-eternity silicone hose and Constant Tension clamps, power steering has been flushed, brake system has been flushed, trans has been flushed, the starter (2.2kW) has been rebuilt, rear brakes have been rebuilt (including the parking brake) and front knuckles have been totally replaced with all new parts by TLC (knuckles/birfield joints, wheel bearings, hubs, studs and tie rod ends - cost about $3,000). It has 170,000 miles on it, but is totally solid. I had TLC go over it carefully when I bought it to make sure it was up to back country trips because the previous owner pulled the original VIN plates off and I wanted to make sure it hadn't been in an accident. There are a few dents, the front seats are really in need of being recovered and the pass-side front door has been replaced with an aftermarket one, but you only notice if you see the sticker and the radio ant. mast is broken. The motor is still there and works, but the metal ariel is gone. I just connected it the the 5 foot Firestik CB ant. and use that instead, but if a person is going for perfect, the mast would need to be replaced. The O2 sensor(s) also have given up.
If I wasn't putting 60 miles a day in stop and go traffic on it there is no way I'd sell it. But I can't afford to commute in it and can't afford to buy a second car for the next year or so. I'm not overly eager to sell it, so I won't give it away and with all the work that has been done it is a hell of a truck. However, I'm entertaining reasonable offers.

PM sent. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke