Earthroamer interior layout

mountainsoul

Adventurer
ER layout
floor_plan.jpg

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but on the above ER floor plan, how do the people sleeping in the main cabover bunk get down to use the bathroom if there are people sleeping in the lower twin bed?

It wouldn't be big enough on this size truck to make a "U". These things are always designed to be made into a bed. In this case a single bed. Probably a narrow single bed. On a longer wheelbase F500 it could be wider, but the off road ability decreases.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but on the above ER floor plan, how do the people sleeping in the main cabover bunk get down to use the bathroom if there are people sleeping in the lower twin bed?

Our XV-LT model is primarily designed for two adults or two adults and two children. The twin bed works well for a couple of kids and it really isn't a big deal to step down from the overcab bed and onto the twin bed (taking care not to step on the kids of course!). We have many couples who primarily travel together, but occassionaly bring another couple along. In that case, the second couple usually ends up in a tent.

With our two foot longer XV-LTS model we will have many more options for sleeping arrangements, including a cool bunk-bed design. I'll post the new floorplans on our website and announce it in the ExPo Forum when they are finalized.

Bill Swails
President and CEO
EarthRoamer

cwsqbm

Explorer

I grew up camping in a pop-up camper that had dinettes at both ends, plus the slide-outs beds (for a total of 8 people in small camper). It was never an issue stepping over people on the dinette beds, since they are lower than you already. The hard part was getting over the person in the same bunk as you (not an issue with a length-wise bed like in the ER).

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
Our XV-LT model is primarily designed for two adults or two adults and two children. The twin bed works well for a couple of kids and it really isn't a big deal to step down from the overcab bed and onto the twin bed (taking care not to step on the kids of course!). We have many couples who primarily travel together, but occassionaly bring another couple along. In that case, the second couple usually ends up in a tent.

With our two foot longer XV-LTS model we will have many more options for sleeping arrangements, including a cool bunk-bed design. I'll post the new floorplans on our website and announce it in the ExPo Forum when they are finalized.

Bill Swails
President and CEO
EarthRoamer

Why the four-door cab, then? Couldn't you make the rig usefully shorter by going to a standard cab, or even a SuperCab design?

Why the four-door cab, then? Couldn't you make the rig usefully shorter by going to a standard cab, or even a SuperCab design?

We can build both the XV-LT and the XV-LTS on a Crew Cab, Super Cab or Regular Cab - customer's choice - but the majority choose the Crew Cab and to date no one has ever chosen a regular cab.

Bill Swails
President and CEO
EarthRoamer

howell_jd

Adventurer

I travel with my wife, my daughter, and my wife's mother who sleeps on the convertible twin bed (I did purchase a 2.5inch memory foam topper for her to supplement the dinette cushions - okay for a back sleeper but a bit thin if a side or prone sleeper). My family sleeps perpendicular to the long axis of the truck not lengthwise so I have to climb over my daughter, my wife, and my mother-in-law if I get up earlier than them. I just make the process slowly and carefully. Obviously the ladder won't work with the twin bed in use but the edge of the fold-down countertop is one footrest and then I try not to step on Mama! We tried an alternate arrangement with me on the twin bed and "girls upstairs" as my daughter said but I am a bit too tall to really sleep stretched out unless I raise both fold-down countertops (and that created an additional obstacle for all!). I think the comment about "eight in a camper" shows that it just takes a little forethought. I actually have more trouble getting over my daughter's toys (just like at home!).
Jonathan
P.S. There's also the roof-mounted escape hatch! I can do a combat slide off the front or a parachute landing fall to the side or scale down the monster spare tire to the rear...I just hope the side door is unlocked - d'oh!

haven

Expedition Leader
I started this thread as a place to consolidate posts about the Earthroamer camper interior layout.

Trey1940

We can build both the XV-LT and the XV-LTS on a Crew Cab, Super Cab or Regular Cab - customer's choice - but the majority choose the Crew Cab and to date no one has ever chosen a regular cab.

IIRC, the Lariat trim (in which a lot of XV-LTs are made) isn't offered in regular cab, is it? And, correct me if I'm wrong, I would think that the overhang of the bunk would create an issue with seeing overhead visuals, like highway signs and traffic lights?

-Trey

mountainsoul

Adventurer

Bill Swails
President and CEO
EarthRoamer

Bill, thanks for the explanation. I look forward to seeing the bunk bed design floor plan.

mountainsoul

Adventurer
I travel with my wife, my daughter, and my wife's mother who sleeps on the convertible twin bed (I did purchase a 2.5inch memory foam topper for her to supplement the dinette cushions - okay for a back sleeper but a bit thin if a side or prone sleeper). My family sleeps perpendicular to the long axis of the truck not lengthwise so I have to climb over my daughter, my wife, and my mother-in-law if I get up earlier than them. I just make the process slowly and carefully. Obviously the ladder won't work with the twin bed in use but the edge of the fold-down countertop is one footrest and then I try not to step on Mama! We tried an alternate arrangement with me on the twin bed and "girls upstairs" as my daughter said but I am a bit too tall to really sleep stretched out unless I raise both fold-down countertops (and that created an additional obstacle for all!). I think the comment about "eight in a camper" shows that it just takes a little forethought. I actually have more trouble getting over my daughter's toys (just like at home!).
Jonathan
P.S. There's also the roof-mounted escape hatch! I can do a combat slide off the front or a parachute landing fall to the side or scale down the monster spare tire to the rear...I just hope the side door is unlocked - d'oh!

JDH, thanks for the feedback. It's good to hear first hand experiences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles