Pooch, Nice 60, Is it a factory 4x4?

Heres a few pics of my old 60 K10

60716015.jpg

60716013.jpg

60716018.jpg

60716017.jpg

ducnek

Another Scout II

Maybe not the oldest but def the most onry.

Mines a 75.

1152496097_DmS4i-L.jpg

In process of several upgrades:

1204743439_ohw9U-L.jpg

Going to be a great trail and camping rig, with the tailgate down it sure beats a tent.:smiley_drive:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Sometimes I miss my '70 J2000. Then I use such creature comforts as "windows", "door locks" and "brakes" in the Range Rover and I don't miss it quite so much.

DSCF2489.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

Pooch72

Adventurer
Pooch, Nice 60, Is it a factory 4x4?

Thanks for the compliment! Much appreciated.

Actually, no. It's far from factory stock. It's more like Frankenstein. It's been a garage-build project since 2001. I started with a 4x4 short 1/2 ton frame from a 1963 Chevy. Married a 327 cid V8 from a 1966 Chevy. Threw a body on it from a 1960 Chevy. Then upgraded the axles from a 1971 Chevy 1/2 ton. All built on a budget... all built by me. This truck is as much a part of me as my own children.

Sometimes I miss my '70 J2000. Then I use such creature comforts as "windows", "door locks" and "brakes" in the Range Rover and I don't miss it quite so much.

There's a lot to be said for that. My truck has tried to kill me twice.

First time was when the brake cylinder blew out. All 4 brakes are attached to one line. One cylinder goes out, all the brake fluid takes the path of least resistance. In other words... NO BRAKES. Luckily for me, it happened when I was doing 20, as opposed to 70 when I was on the freeway less than 5 minutes before.

Second time was when the steering shaft came apart. County road doing 35, and suddenly the truck is drifting to the shoulder (due to the natural crest in the road), and me with no steering. I stood on the brake pedal, trying to push it through the floor, and almost stopped before the front tires hit the curb, jumped up and i ended up nose first in the ditch. No damage, and i backed right out of it, re-connected the steering arm and drove home.

I love my truck, but it has issues on occasion. It's a couple tons of fun, but not the most reliable thing on (or off) the road.

Mobryan

Adventurer
Matt's Blazer has me beat by 2 years, but I've got more doors :D

I'll snap some pics after I get the alcan's put on next month.

Matt

matt s

Explorer
More doors is not to be underrated. Access to the rear seat area is my biggest complaint about the rig.

Heimz

Observer
A friend of mine had a '46 Ford with the original Marmon-Harrington 4x4 conversion. He ended up selling it to Nick Alexander (he's a So Cal BMW/Mini mogul). Nick Alexander literally has dozens of Marmon Harrington Ford/Mercury conversions, and is a huge Woodie Afficionado. He literally has one of every model year Woodie Ford and Mercury made. Many of them are the Marmon Harrington conversions. Here's an example of a 40 Ford with the MH option.

MarmonFord.jpg

[EDIT: The pic didnt work, so I found one of Nick Alexander's.

Last edited:

Dave Kay

Adventurer
A friend of mine had a '46 Ford with the original Marmon-Harrington 4x4 conversion. He ended up selling it to Nick Alexander (he's a So Cal BMW/Mini mogul). Nick Alexander literally has dozens of Marmon Harrington Ford/Mercury conversions, and is a huge Woodie Afficionado. He literally has one of every model year Woodie Ford and Mercury made. Many of them are the Marmon Harrington conversions. Here's an example of a 46 Mercury Woodie with the MH option.

090921-05-1946_Mercury_Marmon-Harrington_4x4_conversion_owned_by_Dave_Holmes_at_Wavecrest_2009.jpg

Es' no peekchure? Wah-hapeened?:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94