BigJerm's where the heck am I going LJ build

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Well spent all day friday and a good part of today but I done. Metalcloak front and rear fenders, dropped the 3" body lift to a 1" so now I have a total of 3" of lift (i think) on 35's.

3de46034.jpg

7a9dca94.jpg

28665d82.jpg

WMac

Adventurer
There you go, Startin to look like a respectable trail rig instead of a hijacked crome glam road warrior.

Great find, Congrats.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
I like the fenders more and more everyday. I get a lot of looks from others Jeepers... hopefully its good looks. I ordered some AtoZ sliders today with the tube step and they should be here next week. Might try and get the Spartan auto locker upfront soon and I will have to take a break from mods till the pocket book recovers from the wedding. I do hope to atleast wire up rock lights and the compressor since those are cheap mods. Next year will start with a winch for sure, maybe do a belly up if I can get the funds or do some skids like the steering box and oil pan.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Alright did a few things. I also figured out where to mount my compressor but I need some wire connectors. Using the same electrical kit for years has finally drained most of the good stuff.

Painted the rear fender wells
d22e131a.jpg

"Tag Relocation". Just removed the holder, drilled some new holes and bent the tag a little
7b09656a.jpg

AtoZ sliders
080dffc9.jpg

da0c20a1.jpg

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Today I did what I would call the first thing to make the wrangler more self reliable... a compressor :wings: No tank for now but if I do I can mount a 1 or 1.5 gal right behind it.

e7510b7f.jpg

bf5735c3.jpg

monele

Adventurer
Looks good! I want to buy the Metal Cloak tube w/ the flare someday. Nice to see the inner fender is nicely made and looks stout. Riga are never ending projects!

cocco78

Adventurer
Looks nice so far, except no flare covering the tires is going to get old real fast... I hated not having my front tires covered, any little water or mud and it sprayed everywhere, it sucked.

Ronin95

Nice fenders and compressor! I installed a metal cloaks bumper earlier this year and have the same compressor hardwired and mounted to the inside of my existing fender.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Yeah today was the first day in the rain and not going to lie at low speeds i did throw water everywhere... otherwise not to horrible. Not much rain here in GA so I can make it awhile. Before are start road trippin i will get some 4" flares

ert01

Adventurer
I have that same compressor. I like it alot now, but it gave me a bit of a headache when I first got it. The plastic air filter cracked and a small piece of the plastic worked itself into the compressor head. There is a reed valve in there that broke because of it. I had to build a new reed valve from a cheap feeler gauge set I bought at the local hardware store. I then took the opportunity to tap the air fitting holes out to a proper thread (I think they're metric right now? I could be wrong though). Now I have regular quick disconnect hose fittings on it rather then the weird ones that are on it from the factory, and I have a steel air filter. No problems ever since.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Not much of an update but I added a Smittybuilt XRC8 comp and Rugged Ridge winch plate to the front. Combined weight is about 82 lbs so not bad for a winch set up. Also did some DIY sway disconnects using the write-up http://www.4x4xplor.com/homediscos.html . I used 3/8" washers because they were more snug and hopefully it will keep them from bouncing around to much.

d050ca0a.jpg

Not to many other plans in the works right now. I will need new tires probably by end of summer and I am looking towards the KM2's, maybe the Duratracs if a 15" rim is offered or even the BFG A/T TA KO tires since this thing doesnt seem to see much offroad action right now. I also want to change the Mickey Thompson 15x10 simulated bealocks for some plain black aluminum 15x8 wheels.

ccarm

Adventurer
Welcome to the club. I love my LJ as well. Your work looks great. If I could throw in my two cents, the BFG AT's are a heck of a quality tire. If you're not off road every weekend, they are a perfect all around tire that hasn't failed me yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles