89 RRC - Seat Covers?

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Dendy (NashvilleRover) here:
Never heard back from M&M. I cannot even find a reference as to if they are still in the seat cover biz.
Sorry-
D

I emailed them a while back and they said they could make me a set for the RRC anytime, and that they believe that they have the correct pattern if they are the same as the SA models. They said to send them photos of mine to make sure that they send the right ones. I'm going to do this later this year. Here is a copy of the text of the email if anyone else is interested in getting some:

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your interest in Melvill and Moon seatcovers for your vehicle and for your enquiry,
The pricing for the seatcovers you are enquiring about is below and includes 14% ZAR VAT:
We started with and Range Rover Seatcovers in 1998, but have done some older ones, so we could have the right pattern to fit your vehicle.
Due to the differences in the seat configurations between vehicles from different countries, we would first like to make sure that the seat configuration is the same as in the vehicles in South Africa to be sure we make the right covers to fit your vehicle.
Could you please send me some photos of your seats so we can do so?

Land Rover, Range Rover 1988
2 Bucket seats, 60/40 split bench with center armrest and jump seats R 6,200.00

We are happy to send a set of seatcovers to you,

Our seatcovers are available in both: Sahara Sand and Lead Shot Grey,
Please see attached for samples.
All our seatcovers have an open flap over the airbags thus does not inhibit its implosion in any way.
Manufacturing time is approximately 7-10 working days should we not have stock and 3-5 days for delivery.

Payment options are:
Credit Card
Electronic Transfer

Should you wish to place an order kindly supply me with your delivery address, in order to obtain a freight quote.

We would love to supply you with our top quality covers.
Do let me know if I could be of any further assistance to you regarding our products.

Kind Regards,
Elisabeth Alice Teipel

rover4x4

Adventurer
you could buy another Range Rover for that, I dont know why Badger doesnt make them for the Land Rover. I got a full set of genuine covers from Rovers North about a year ago.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
I contacted M&M about covers, and they said they did not have patterns to produce a set. Also, although they are gorgeous covers, I'd rather keep my money in the US.

So I contacted Badger... And Chris, who owns Badger and an RRC, is going to R&D the patterns and start producing covers for RRCs. He would like like to produce a half dozen or more sets for the first run, so if anyone who would like a set ought to send Badger a note and get on the RRC list.

Obiviously, if Chris get a dozen inquiries he may be a bit more motivated too. I'm going to take a drive down to Badger in a couple weeks and meet with Chris. Will follow up here on details and costs. They can make them in waterproof Cordura too, like their Defender covers!!!

Last edited:

David Harris

Expedition Leader
I contacted M&M about covers, and they said they did not have patterns to produce a set. Also, although they are gorgeous covers, I'd rather keep my money in the US.

So I contacted Badger... And Chris, who owns Badger and an RRC, is going to R&D the patterns and start producing covers for RRCs. He would like like to produce a half dozen or more sets for the first, so if anyone who would like a set aught to send Badger a note and get on the RRC list.

Obiviously, if Chris get a dozen inquiries he may be a bit more motivated too. I'm going to take a drive down to Badger in a couple weeks and meet with Chris. Will follow up here on details and costs. They can makes them in Cordura too!!!

Did you send M&M a photo of your seats?

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
We are currently exploring options for a manufacturer of these covers. few questions for you all.
1. what color do you prefer?
2. are you more interested in front, rear, or both.
3. Canvas or waterproof?
4. Our front set would likely retail for around $249 for waterproof, 349.99 for canvas, same or less for the rear. Is that a price you'd pay?

Sent from my iPhone

bri

Adventurer
Contact gold coast rovers and see if they can still order custom cordura covers.

If not see if they can find out who made them.

I got mine around 2006. They fit pretty nicely and are bullet proof. I think they were about 450.

They cover seats and all arm rests.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Did you send M&M a photo of your seats?

Nope.

"Thank you for your interest in Melvill and Moon seatcovers for your vehicle and for your enquiry,
We would love to supply you with our top quality covers but we do not have a pattern for the '95 Range Rover Classic yet, we will make them in the future should we get sufficient enquiries....."

David Harris

Expedition Leader
We are currently exploring options for a manufacturer of these covers. few questions for you all.
1. what color do you prefer?
2. are you more interested in front, rear, or both.
3. Canvas or waterproof?
4. Our front set would likely retail for around $249 for waterproof, 349.99 for canvas, same or less for the rear. Is that a price you'd pay?

Sent from my iPhone

I prefer sand color, both front and rear, canvas.

Thanks,

David

David Harris

Expedition Leader

So I contacted Badger... And Chris, who owns Badger and an RRC, is going to R&D the patterns and start producing covers for RRCs. He would like like to produce a half dozen or more sets for the first, so if anyone who would like a set aught to send Badger a note and get on the RRC list.

Obiviously, if Chris get a dozen inquiries he may be a bit more motivated too. I'm going to take a drive down to Badger in a couple weeks and meet with Chris. Will follow up here on details and costs. They can makes them in Cordura too!!!

Badger's website didn't say what the water repellant seat covers are made of? They look like nylon.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
1. what color do you prefer? Tan
2. are you more interested in front, rear, or both. Front
3. Canvas or waterproof? Canvas is straight forward, but "waterproof" is subjective... If Cordura I could go either way
4. Our front set would likely retail for around $249 for waterproof, 349.99 for canvas, same or less for the rear. Is that a price you'd pay? Well within my price expectation. M&M and Escape are twice that.

Rear and side pockets are a nice feature too, South African manufactures all seem to subscribe to the "cargo short" school of seat cover design.

The above noted, however, I am going to follow up with Chris and see how quickly he can prototype. He spent quite a bit of time on the phone with me and he seemed very enthused. But would consider an RN option as a back up to Badger option.

Badger's website didn't say what the water repellant seat covers are made of? They look like nylon.
Cordura

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier