nissan patrol

XXXpedition

Explorer
what do you think of this?
a patrol for the back country... outback expeditions, to be exact...
IMG_9883.JPG

navara-au

Observer
awww nooice mate!

But unless I was doing a lot of rock crawling I would get rid of the tyres and get some sensible shoes.

XXXpedition

Explorer
yep, the tires are massiv: 40" mickey thompson.
the guy actually doesn't rock crawl but does take it off-road a lot... a bit overkill :)
he just loves huge tires (dahhh :))! he also has a custom 6x6 mitsubishi canter
:)

98roamer

Explorer
the Patrols have been around for a long time. They have proved to be a very dependable vehicle with support around the world. I would put the Patrol up with an older Cruiser.

Aren't those uni-directional tires? I bet backing up works real well.

DBS311

Adventurer
Word on the trail is those Baja Claws work better offroad if run in the wrong direction. Lots of people run them that way from rockcrawling to mud.

Scott Brady

Founder
I would buy a Patrol without question if they were in the US. The new ones are very functional and robust with great motors. I had the chance to check one out in detail in Morocco (attached)

vengeful

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
I would buy a Patrol without question if they were in the US. The new ones are very functional and robust with great motors.

:victory: Definitely. I have been drooling over the Patrols...well since I could drool. :drool:

desert assassin

ran 40's on my patrol afew times, but mostly 37's for touring, have stepped down to 35's for trip i leave on next week, 5 weeks across 5 deserts across Aus.

[and no, its not me beside it]

Attachments

• 17 10 monster allied 40 pitbulls.jpg
    17 10 monster allied 40 pitbulls.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 145

MtnMan

Observer
I got to check out a couple of Patrols in Antigua recently, they look very functional and capable (sorry no pics). :drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles