Pic request.. Jeep tire carriers

Bad Karma

Adventurer
Been searching for a long time for the perfect tire carrier design for a Jeep. Havent been able to find one that i LOVE...
please post up pics of your home builts. curious what you've done.

ultimately I want one that can carry a tire (duh), hi-lift, aux lighting, antenna, and possibly 1 or 2 gas cans. and maybe even more stuff if i see a cool idea...

been toying around with an idea to make a double can holder that sits between the tire and body, but is removable when not needed. when its removed the tire gets moved back closer to the body.

post up your pics and discuss!!! thanks!!! doesnt have to be a Jeep tire carrier either!! post it up!

Last edited:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I'm looking for some better pics. (or I'll take some detailed ones tomorrow)

On my CJ, I originally had 2 5 gal Jerry cans, but I removed one (after I installed a 20 gallon tank:snorkel:) and in it's place, I mounted my Hi-Lift, axe and 'D' handled shovel.

cj004.jpg

Trying to find a better pic in my files:ylsmoke:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I'll grab some better pics. I can't find any of it open right now.

Moab2010080.jpg

I also moved my plate and light up to the spare. Keeps the plate and it's light intact when on the trail.

Bad Karma

Adventurer
Its a CJ... but i really dont care what Jeep, truck, or car pics are posted. just looking for ideas.

thanks for the pics, but its hard to see through your spare tire! :)
this is the kind of picture I'm looking for.

DSC03710.jpg

alexfm

Explorer
Im planning on getting one fabricated sometime soon. I have some basic CAD drawings I could post if you'd like.

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
This is one that I came up with. Ive sold close to a hundred of them. I havent had time to build any as of late. Its a swing out with a little different twist. the cradle holds it snug and the strap holds it down. Makes removing and re loading the tire much easier. The can and box part is pinned so it can be removed and an optional shelf or snowboard rack can be added in its place. Works well and allows for a lot of options. The upside is that it is tucked in close keeping the weight close to the body. Also by do it that way it keeps the descent angle much better. By keeping it up high it also give better clearance to trailer hitches for towing expo trailers.

b3stirecarriersissyscbmount004.jpg

b3stirecarriersissyscbmount005.jpg

b3stirecarriersissyscbmount007.jpg

b3stirecarriersissyscbmount010.jpg

Last edited:

wjeeper

The ammo box mounted under the gas can is brilliant! Love that idea!

Not to hijack the OP's thread but I really like the desert racing inspired look of the roof rack! Any chance of getting some more pics?

Bad Karma

Adventurer
Like the idea of the modular design... trying to come up with a similar design. Ammo boxes are a cool idea but not a fan of mounting them side ways like yours. open them up on a bit of a hill and everything falls out.

PLEASE tell me that the mounts are tied into the cage and not just bolted to the body..

KSJeep

Explorer
Find a good bumper fab guy, tell him what you want, work together and get your perfect custom built bumper for you.

Bad Karma

Adventurer
Find a good bumper fab guy, tell him what you want, work together and get your perfect custom built bumper for you.

I am the fab guy... looking for ideas to steal for my own build.

theres gotta be more pics out there!!! post them up!!

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Like the idea of the modular design... trying to come up with a similar design. Ammo boxes are a cool idea but not a fan of mounting them side ways like yours. open them up on a bit of a hill and everything falls out.

PLEASE tell me that the mounts are tied into the cage and not just bolted to the body..

No pics, but a flat bar is welded in the lower end of the opening of the box. Things cant slide out, it has to be lifted out. :sombrero: The tire carrier is tied into the roll cage mounting bolts... Silly Boy!

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
The ammo box mounted under the gas can is brilliant! Love that idea!

Not to hijack the OP's thread but I really like the desert racing inspired look of the roof rack! Any chance of getting some more pics?

Just one post and we need to get his thread back on track.:wings:

CIMG0008-1.jpg

CIMG0009-1.jpg

CIMG0004-7.jpg

CIMG0003-10.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94