305 KM-2's

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
put them on last week. So far I love them, haven't tested them on the rocks yet but I will be first week of November :sombrero:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

wesel123

Explorer
Love it!!!!!

I was thinking the same set up after the 295's BFAT's die out, but how loud are they at freeway speeds???

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
My 285's are at 28k miles (over 50% worn) and are very loud now. They are excellent offroad though!

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
I have not noticed any power loss, I drive 400+ miles on the highway every weekend as I go to school 200 miles south of where I actually live. Yes, they are loud. Even new, but I would not hesitate to put them on again. I will never go back to a A/T after my experience. That is the main reason I changed.

I'm sure 20K miles down the road they will be much louder, but offroad stability and performance, I cannot think of a tire off the top of my head that looks/performs better.

I will let you guys know how well they do offroad in a few weeks when I get my first wheeling trip in on them. Hopefully they don't fall apart like my A/T's

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
What was your experience with the ATs?

I ask because I've never had any issues with them, and the last set I had (295s) had run from the Artic Circle to Copper Canyon, and over the Rubicon without a single issue....

-H-

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
What was your experience with the ATs?

I ask because I've never had any issues with them, and the last set I had (295s) had run from the Artic Circle to Copper Canyon, and over the Rubicon without a single issue....

-H-

Mine were chunking so bad I had the belt and cords showing. I dealt with it through a BFG warranty claim and came out ontop with a set of KM-2's. I had to negotiate with them because they wanted to sell me another set of A/T's. I proceeded to tell them I would be in the same position I am in currently in a year, so I worked out with them a new tire choice.

I did wheel hard, but nothing that would cause the A/T's to "crumble" like they were.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Hmm...never had that happen with any of my BFGs before.

-H-

I have two buddys that have had sidewall blow-outs with BFG AT's. I was with both of them when they went. Others seem to be able to beat them with no issue. I wonder if its due to different factories and possibly their inconsistent QC? Or poor QC in general?

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
I have two buddys that have had sidewall blow-outs with BFG AT's. I was with both of them when they went. Others seem to be able to beat them with no issue. I wonder if its due to different factories and possibly their inconsistent QC? Or poor QC in general?

What/where are the factories? Do we know there location? I would be interested to find out if they mark the tires in a way depending on facilities. I would go back and look at my A/T's and let you know if we can find any markings. I believe they are still at the tire shop waiting to be picked up and go back to BFG for further testing on why they are falling apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke