• finaly we see non ********** G WAGON.jpg
    finaly we see non ********** G WAGON.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 708
  • 5 north in los angeles ara.jpg
    5 north in los angeles ara.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 388

Ron B

Explorer
what a nice truck -- I have never seen one kitted out like that before. Most here in So Cal (actually all it seems like) are pretty blinged out and driven by rappers (no offense to any and all rappers on this forum!).

rb

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Hard to say form the angle but it looks like it needs a bit more lift to run those tires effectively.

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
he has 1" of upward travel.

Maybe a bit more........

http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums/showthread.php?tid=16361&posts=20&start=1

5417720.jpg

Ron B

Explorer
what is the biggest tire/lift combo that can go on a G (without getting ridiculous)? I didn't notice the tire clearance issues, I was blinded with the shock and awe of actually seeing one in the States with out chrome and looking like it was used off road!

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure what current guidance is but I remember my wife's cousin had one in Germany on 35s with M-B parts counter differential gears and coils. Seemed to work pretty well bombing around the farm fields.

zimm

Expedition Leader
what is the biggest tire/lift combo that can go on a G (without getting ridiculous)? I didn't notice the tire clearance issues, I was blinded with the shock and awe of actually seeing one in the States with out chrome and looking like it was used off road!

ummmm. pointed three forum seems to have the largest group of "users" if youre interested in a bit of lurking, but it is more like the 100-200 LC forums on mud. just as many people wanting to keep up with joneses by adding the latest factory dash and grill. the porsche owners tough vehicle.

i think with the prices coming down on older rigs you'll see more of them in the hands of 'bags like me.

Tmax

its a nice G for sure. the owner is a good friend and we have done sevral trips with the G. i think it works great off road and on the road.

zimm

Expedition Leader
id have a hard time taking a saw to a 900 dollar fender flair. ida sold em and bent some tube.

kmaser

Observer
I've cut my flares in the same way, but had thought of tube fenders. My biggest issue with tube fenders is that instead of the flare flexing I've seen many fenders cave in which are way more money than flares. I am still looking into options for flexible flares that will cover a larger opening. I have no problem cutting the body if it's done correctly which the vast majority of people will not.

Attachments

• 37's small.jpg
    37's small.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 150
  • G 37's front small.jpg
    G 37's front small.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 125

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles