School me on the Ram w/ Cummins

poriggity

Explorer
This is a bit of an old thread, but I will say this. I took my 04 CTD quad cab long bed out on a trip this weekend, with lots of driving offroad. It kept up with all the land cruisers, toyotas and jeeps with no problems. The only issues I had was the tight spots, since it's a big vehicle. An added bonus is with a 35 gallon tank, I have a great range. I drove about 270 miles out to the campground, went wheeling ALL day the next day, and drove 270 miles back home, and STILL have fuel in the tank to go another 100 miles or so. That's definitely an added bonus! I have had my 04 since new, and have had very minimal problems... I love my truck.
Scott

tombodad

Adventurer
Interesting remarks, fellas, keep it up.

And yes, it bothers me when people say "CumminGs" as well. Also, "wench" instead of "winch." I have seen many trailer and vehicle ads staing "with wench", and have yet to see any of them come with a wench :coffee:

And yes, for me, no manual (although mywife would not frequently drive it, the ability to is important, in emergencies)

sisu

Adventurer
Very nice write ups by all of you. I recently found & bought a 2006 quad cab, 8 ft. bed, auto transmission, 2500 4x4 with 20,000+ miles. The truck came with some items I would of added so I felt good about that. The only two items I added were a Legend Ranchhand bumper & a leveling kit.

A friend of mine is a Dodge service manager & he recommended either the 2006 or early 2007 5.9. He said that by then a lot of the "bugs" were worked out.

BigCountry77

I have to agree with redthies. I had a 92 12v that my grandfather left me when he passed away in 2000. I had the truck for 10 years and never had any major issues. I put a new injector pump on it and the rest was normal maintance. I do landscaping and I was able to haul 2 pallets of sod on the work bed I installed on it and 4 more pallets on my 16 foot trailer. The total weight for the trailer and sod was around 13,500 lbs. and I pulled it with no problems. The truck was amazing it hurt to sell it but I need a vehicle that would hold nine people. That's one of the reasons I bought the Suburban the was I wanted something to play with and teach my sons how to work on vehicles.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Cummings:

robert_cummings.jpg

Cummins:

77_Cummins5_1231886074.jpg

Which one someone would rather sleep with... well, I am just not going to go there. :smiley_drive:

OK you made your point Code. I stand corrected. Besides only one of the pics has a red hot machine that will never let you down!:violent-smiley-031:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior