Extreme Cold Weather Camper ?

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
I have the learn slow thing and the wimp thing together now. Along with heat stroke and frost bite..............learn very sloooooooow.

Only pictures on the site are of the temple in Cardston, nothing of the carriages.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
ditto the window thing. I spent a cold year in a camper in Colorado. It was well insulated, except the windows, which were really crappy.

I had storm windows made at a local glass place. They mounted on the inside of the camper windows with those little turny plastic thingys. They helped out a lot, but I can imagine what good windows would have been like.

And I'm a big fan of the electric heated matress pad. Not an electric blanket, mind you. Never liked those.

nctacoma

Observer
I hope this isn't spam, but I just put my Corsair truck camper up for sale in the classified section. it could be easily mounted to a Fuso
It has the winter package and storm-tite double windows. I think they are on par with bigfoots for quality and cold-worthiness. Might be something you are interested.

If this seems spam-like feel free to delete it, just trying to be helpful, not a salesman

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Considering that the OP has only ever posted once and that was in the middle of October, it doesn't seem out of line to me ;)

Regardless, aside from the OP disappearing on us, this is turning into a good and interesting discusssion !

(just $0.02) :costumed-smiley-007

DontPanic42

Adventurer
Since we seem to be throwing out tips for improving creature comforts while doing cold weather camping, I'll add one I haven't seen mentioned yet. It is one my chuck wagon cooking partner and I would use when we were at hunting camps in the early winter. We would place tarps around our campers like a skirt to block the wind from blowing under the trucks. It creates a dead space that helps insulated the camper. Not a big thing but every little bit helps. Personally, I like old fashioned canvas tarps as they are not as noisey as the lighter plastic ones are when the wind blows them around. Down side with canvas is they are heavy, slow to dry if wet, and will mildew if put away wet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles