Toyota truck bed trailer

jeeper92

Adventurer
Thanks

What i mean is why the spreay can and the rollers? in what order did you apply them? Im not sure about doing mine myself but i got a quote today that was outta this frigging world

jsmarine

Adventurer
What i mean is why the spreay can and the rollers? in what order did you apply them? Im not sure about doing mine myself but i got a quote today that was outta this frigging world

Well I used the spray can in places that are tough to get with a brush, other places like the bed floor I painted with a brush. So I used both at the same time when I painted it.

austintaco

Explorer
Your bed came out looking great, even if it is from 10 ft away. After surveying the bed on the trailer I bought, I think I am going to find a cleaner bed to start with. It looks like some floor repair was already done with some type of epoxy and then painted over, but there are portions of my bed that are deteriorated completely and its hard to see how bad the rust is because its been painted over.

It would probably be easier for me to just buy yours or one of the others on here, but its about time I learned to weld. I am either going to fix this bed up or find one of a better quality to start with.

jsmarine

Adventurer
Your bed came out looking great, even if it is from 10 ft away. After surveying the bed on the trailer I bought, I think I am going to find a cleaner bed to start with. It looks like some floor repair was already done with some type of epoxy and then painted over, but there are portions of my bed that are deteriorated completely and its hard to see how bad the rust is because its been painted over.

It would probably be easier for me to just buy yours or one of the others on here, but its about time I learned to weld. I am either going to fix this bed up or find one of a better quality to start with.

Thank you, I am very happy with the way it came out. And I think you should just buy mine, even if all you want is the bed! :sombrero:

Chili

Explorer
small update. I got the body off and my brother started pulling off all the old crap, like the old wiring harness, gas tank and various things that the trailer doesn't need anymore. He just started cleaning it up a bit really, scraping the frame and such. The axle is leaking so my cheap route of just flipping it over is not going to work, I will have my brother weld on new spring perches and flip the axle right side up as it should be. That and hopefully have the new tongue completed this weekend too.

I know I am bringing up a bit of an old thread, but I have a question I hope someone can give some insight on. I am looking at a free way to lift my truck bed and of course flipping the axle over came up. I remember seeing on this thread that it creates a problem with the vent allowing the fluid to leak. My question is, what if I adapted a tube to the vent, ran it up the pumpkin to once again face up?

The problem I think that will cause is that the fluid will still be blocking off the vent which would then be blocking it's venting ability. This isn't a problem when the vent is facing up because the fluid level is below the vent area.

So, what do you guys think? The tube would prevent it from leaking but may prevent it from venting as well. So if pressure builds in the rear end it will either push fluid up and out the hose, or possibly cause issues with the the seals if pressure is too high.

I know it's potentially cheap and easy to get the perches welded to the top but I just can't get over the idea of a quick fix I can do in my driveway right now. I actually intend to swap the original truck axle with a true trailer axle next spring, so this would just be a temporary fix until then.

Also, in case it impacts your answer, I don't expect to put more than a couple of hundred miles on this trailer before swapping the rear axle out next year. Just regional camping mostly. I don't intend to do any real traveling until our Colorado trip planned for next summer. My intent is to do a ton of work on the trailer between now and then.

Damaged 1

lights

When you need to replace those lights ...... I used LED'S on my trailer and found some that fit the stock fixture housing ..... I have a 1966 chevy fleetside bed trailer ...I found rodworx.com .... Ken has a whole mess of LED lights to replace old worn out lights...........

john1967

Is this still for sale

We're in Plano - and are interested. Is this still for sale? Right now we have a minivan - but we're buying a new Toyota truck later this year.

austintaco

Explorer
The trailer has come in handy on more than a few occasions, but mostly its been doing duty for picking up wedding supplies and dirt for the yard. I can't remember if I posted this picture on here already, but after I bought the trailer from Jeff, he pointed me in the direction of a Wildernest for it, so I scooped that up too:

ff46a1ed.jpg

photo-22.jpg

That would have made a great setup, but I really needed to use the trailer as a trailer, so I sold the Wildernest and bought a Flippac for my Tacoma.

I am buying a toolbox for the trailer today!

Arctic Taco

Adventurer
Does anyone know if any of the wildernest type toppers are made for a 7' Hilux bed? Most likely scenario is a RTT of some sort. Just checking different options this site is filled with great ideas.
I have a pretty clean one at home that is destined to be an expedition trailer of sorts.
Cheers

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior