First burb. The blue goose. Build help

PjScow

Long story short, I'm stationed at lackand afb. And my grandpa decided he wanted to sell his 1989 2500 chevy burb. So needing a new vehicle. I jumped on the opportunity. First thing I'm gunna do is take off the running boards. I'm looking to do a 4'' lift. But I do not have any clue where to start and what is a more reliable lift. The base has a auto shop that i can take the truck to and work on it at. So i figured I'd do the lift myself. I'm also looking at turning this into a sturdy rig to haul all my mountain bikes and camping. Any build suggestions would be very welcome

matt s

Explorer
I'd lift it before tearing off the running boards. Sure they are weak and if you hit them will be trashed. However once lifted you may find they have plenty of clearance and are really handy for climbing in and out.

All that said a set of sliders that double as a step would be sweet.

bftank

Explorer
how big of a tire are you going to put on it? are you going to do any offroading? towing?

i would advise a 35" tire with a 1" zero rate block, get the tires you want first. Use the zero rate block to move the axle 1" forward, adjust draglink accordingly. trim the front fangs off the fenders, and start looking for a front bumper and winch.

ditch the steps for sliders.

just looked at the pic is it 4wd or 2wd?

PjScow

It's 2wd. I'm def gunna put 35s on it. If I can get em to fit on the stockers I'll just bomb can black them. I thought about putting either nerf bars on it or steps like my old man had on his scout 2

coreys88burban

Adventurer
that's an 88 not a 89, but it is really clean. as for the lift i reccomend all spring lift NO BODY and NO BLOCKS. for a 4" lift from skyjacker is about $800 or so. and 35" tires will fit.

PjScow

thx will do. im having trouble digging up a 4in spring lift for a 2wd 88' burb. do any of you know a specific lift for this truck?

coreys88burban

Adventurer
you really want to lift a 2x4? being a 2Wd you can just do a 3" body lift and some 33's and itll look pretty good. just my opinion...Im not sure where to get a 2 wd lift, call up the closest 4 wheel drive shop and tell them what your looking for they might be able to give you info on your best choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz