A few pictures of my Defender 110 around Patagonia

pwc

Explorer
A side note. DSLRs dont' need a UV filter since they don't pick up that light.
If you use a UV, it's suggested you switch to a ultraclear or "water clear" filter if you just want lens protection.

jorge

Observer
pwc said:
A side note. DSLRs dont' need a UV filter since they don't pick up that light.
If you use a UV, it's suggested you switch to a ultraclear or "water clear" filter if you just want lens protection.

Yes, you are correct. I wrote that in the context of using a filter as a way of protecting your lenses.

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Jorge, FABULOUS photographs and what an amazing trip.

I love that Citroen with the Hellas and roof top tent, that is classic. I'm so envious of the 110's, but seeing the 109 on the trip gives me hope for my 109 sitting in pieces on the side yard (also a 1971).:coffeedrink:

Thanks for sharing.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Jorge

you are an inspiration for all of us.

Now I really need to redo my website and get my pictures re-arranged!

pwc

Explorer
Jorge,
Your slideshow got the most favorable response from my wife of "I REALLY want to go on a Patagonia expedition now!!! :)"
So, how could one rent a Rover around Buenos Aires (we have free airfare to there) and hit Patagonia with a 14-20 day trip in late November of this year? Wife and 6 year old daughter in tow and we will have to travel fairly cheap.

Do you have any suggestions?
pwc

Last edited:

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
I don't venture into the L.R. section here that often but am glad I did today. Really great slideshow.

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
Traction Avant!

Jorge,

Many thanks for sharing your excellent photos! Forgive me for being more impressed with the pair of Citroen 15 CVs in the middle of your slide show, than with the Land Rovers! Did you learn anything about their expedition?

Chip Haven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles