A few pictures of my Defender 110 around Patagonia

pismo62

Adventurer
Jorge, Thanks for sharing the wonderful slide show. I would love to travel there someday. Thanks

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Wow, just saw this thread for the first time. Great photos as everyone has mentioned no doubt. The Citroen Traction Avants were awesome, snorkels? haha

Anyway, I travel to Chile every August and will be down there this year roughly from the 4th-15th or so. Are you in anywhere near Santiago over that period? Would be cool to get to see some stuff off the beaten path.

Thanks for posting up the slide show, I haven't been to Patagonia but i want to travel there so bad it hurts. Those shot are great teasers.

HiLift Jack

Adventurer
I am

floored, that was beautiful. So much open and natural land and sea areas. Once upon a time in the US it may have been the same. I must travel there before bad things happen to that good place.

jorge

Observer
haven said:
Jorge,

Many thanks for sharing your excellent photos! Forgive me for being more impressed with the pair of Citroen 15 CVs in the middle of your slide show, than with the Land Rovers! Did you learn anything about their expedition?

Chip Haven

Sorry, I do not have any info about them.. only that they were 2 Citroen. I saw them (Citroen) very late at night park in front of this Hotel in Coihaique, Chile. The next morning gone! For sure a missed quite a story.

haven

Expedition Leader
French colonialists had cool cars

In the mid-20th century, France had colonies in South America, North and Central Africa, and in Asia. So the French auto makers got to work and built some cool vehicles for use overseas. Peugeots, Citroens and Renault trucks from the 1960's are remarkable in their ability to handle punishing conditions.

Chip Haven

jorge

Observer
In Chile you see these Citroens once in while. A few years back I saw this politician lunching is campaing in one of this It was fully restored.. just beautiful.

The two in Coihaique were driven by four frenchmen ..That is the only
info that I got.

jorge

Observer
upcruiser said:
Wow, just saw this thread for the first time. Great photos as everyone has mentioned no doubt. The Citroen Traction Avants were awesome, snorkels? haha

Anyway, I travel to Chile every August and will be down there this year roughly from the 4th-15th or so. Are you in anywhere near Santiago over that period? Would be cool to get to see some stuff off the beaten path.

Thanks for posting up the slide show, I haven't been to Patagonia but i want to travel there so bad it hurts. Those shot are great teasers.

Kistrian,

Thank you for kind comments... I will be leaving for Chile at the end of July to get ready for my Brazil, Bolivia and Northen Chile Trip, I don't know at this moment if I will be in Chile around the days your are planing to been there.. May I ask what is the purpose of your trip to Chile?. I will send you via PM my cell number in Chile.. and Yes you must do Patagonia.

Saludos

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
jorge said:
Kistrian,

Thank you for kind comments... I will be leaving for Chile at the end of July to get ready for my Brazil, Bolivia and Northen Chile Trip, I don't know at this moment if I will be in Chile around the days your are planing to been there.. May I ask what is the purpose of your trip to Chile?. I will send you via PM my cell number in Chile.. and Yes you must do Patagonia.

Saludos

Cool, I'll shoot you a PM.

jorge

Observer
Sharky said:
Stunning photography Jorge and a highly enjoyable slide show

Sharky,

I very much appreciated your comments.. I visited your website when I was looking for info about Defenders.. At that time I was planning to buy a used one, but soon I discovered that in Chile they were only a few available. Then in 2005 the Volvo importer in Chile annunced that they will sell the Defender
and I was lucky to have the funds to get me a new one (I have two now)

Well, I think you need to make down to Chile we jump in one Defender and we drive around South America..

Saludos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94