EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

Earthroamer

I really think it was a smart move from Jeep to accept this contract with Earthroamer. It's now a MULTI purpose vehicle, and plus it looks awesome.:clapsmile

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Just as long as she remember she needs a unimog again some day you will be fine......
I'll have to remind her. She hasn't, however, shown much nostalgia for the four-foot climb into Camper Mog's cabin. :sombrero:

The jeep looks very "put together" design-wise. Nice.
Thanks. I'm now well past the stage where I'd worried about irrevocably messing it up and I'm bonding nicely with it. (Which is not to say I still don't have too many trucks. Just ask my wife. ;) )

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Where did you get the aluminum fold out steps? I need those.

Terse and to the point, I suppose.

Are we talking about the ones on my former Mog camper? ('Cuz I don't think I have any aluminum steps on the XV-JP.)

If so, my cabin steps came with the camper when I imported it from Germany. However, I believe the principal U.S. source for such things is C. R. Brophy. Check here:

http://www.crbrophy.com/stairs.html

to see if you can find what you need.

Last edited:

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
Mike

i hadnt seen this till just now... Outstanding..! your passion to have the coolest rigs continues..

Hound

Sheepdog
Mike:

You have the coolest Jeep I have ever seen :Wow1:

What suspension setup are you running, AEV?

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Mike:

You have the coolest Jeep I have ever seen :Wow1:

What suspension setup are you running, AEV?

Thanks for the compliment, Yep, it's nth Degree Engineering's setup from AEV. The front is the standard 3", the rear is the heavy-duty 4". Everyone's situation is different, but on this vehicle, it works great and is a big improvement in on-pavement stability. Scott Brady gets credit for the recommendation, and James Lombardo did a great job of doing an installation that got a little tricky because the stock configuration had already been modified during ER's install of the Teraflex setup.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
So when do you plan on sharing some interior photos then Mike?

: )

Cause we are all looking forward to them.

Have you taken it out yet, slept in it? How did it go for you?

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
So when do you plan on sharing some interior photos then Mike?
Ummm . . . before we take any interior photos, we're probably going to need an interior. Nothing new to share..

In fact, it's still not settled how to balance single vs. double occupancy: do I make it (relatively ;) ) palatial for one with the ability to squeeze in a second person on infrequent occasions, or do I make it a two-person truck? For my own use, the one person plan is better, but my guess is that any next owner might prefer good facilities for two.

I've had the truck out several times, though. Mechanically, we're done messing with it, as the current setup seems tough to beat. It's also a much nicer highway truck with the suspension/tire change, and having the 40 gallons of fuel really makes life nice.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I am going to need room for Anita and The Finn... :wings:
What a lucky break, then, that you are so ideally positioned to influence the design of this fine vehicle. You best get on with it, though. :sombrero:

BTW, welcome back . . . unless you're wrote that post from tomorrow.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
It just occurred to me, Mike.

If you put it back together fairly similar to how ER had done the interior, then you make the Sink only about a foot and a half off of the floor, raise up the seat to about that same height, then you can make it so the bed spreads across the entire thing (over the sink) when sleeping, but still you have a work about cook area too. Of course you would have to sit to do the cooking and washing, but really this is not meant to be as comfortable as a Unicat, rather to be functional, yes?

I realize that will cut down on the storage area, but if you set up the bed with more storage under it and no shower...

OR... Think about those tent camper trailers that have the kitchen hinged and can fold in half. Then you can fold the kitchen down into the isle between the counters and the bed thus allowing a double wide bed again?

I dono, maybe I am nuts. At least this would give you more storage, and you could still stand to use the sink et al.

: )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles