EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the support and ideas, my friends. As I have said, and will continue to say, the ongoing support for me and the poor XV-JP is making all the difference.

In answer to the question above--Yes, there was a contract, quite a strict one that ran to eight pages.

Last edited:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Crazy - I think one of the key points to make to the insurance company is that the roof is now missing - which prevents you from using the vehicle at all. It was clearly there when you provided it to Red Cannon and then was not returned. They can get an estimate on how much it will cost to have an equivalent one made - that would result in the jeep being declared a total loss.

With the insurance money you can then go out an buy a 4x4 Sprinter van! I know that is what you really want at this point anyways :) Trying to show you a light at the end of the tunnel...

sprinterfirstmoto-010-L.jpg

squeezer

Adventurer
Anybody around here remember the "Wenzel" affair on Pirate?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-********-chat-classics/399203-d60-rear-4-88s-35-spline.html

Things are going to go sideways for Red Cannon really quick if they don't make some amends. Its not going to take long for a google search of Red Cannon to show this thread at the top which of course will drive away prospective stereo install customers. Internet exposure works both ways Mr Tesla.

It looks like the Red Cannon facebook page is already down...

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
It looks like the Red Cannon facebook page is already down...
I know I'm supposed to be a better person than this, but after nothing but bad news, I feel entitled: :clapsmile

The "all's well, ain't we great" content of that Facebook page was as galling to me as anything. Pretty much tied with his photoshopped version of my XV-JP still being presented on his webpage as the Red Cannon's "Darien" camper he's ready to sell the world for $130,000.

Red cannon darien.jpg

Would it be churlish to point out that the camper pictured was exactly what Dion signed a contract to supply me in four months, and that all I got back after nine months was . . . well, you know?

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Anybody around here remember the "Wenzel" affair on Pirate? http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-********-chat-classics/399203-d60-rear-4-88s-35-spline.html
Good grief . . . 73 pages of reactions to a $25 shafting?! Obviously, the boisterous lads on Pirate could take a pretty good run at Dion, what with me out three-plus orders of magnitude more money.

Thanks for posting that link. It was fun, and cathartic, to skim through.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I have reviewed the contract and it clearly shows that mike was a customer of Red Cannon who entered into an agreement to have modifications done to his vehicle for the price of $10,000. It also states that the vehicle "MAY" be sold once the modifications were completed. If the vehicle was not sold it would then be returned to Mike.

I don't understand how anything Mike did caused the project to not proceed as outlined in the contract. He delivered the vehicle and paid the money - it looks like Red Cannon did not complete any of the work outlined in the contract - but they did cause considerable damage to the vehicle in the disassembly and initial modification process.

Considering that Mike paid a considerable sum of money, I think it would have been possible for Red Cannon to at least have provided Mike with a vehicle that had a roof again. I agree that the amount of the contract ($10,000) was low compared to the amount of work which was to be completed - but he also allowed Red Cannon the use of his vehicle for development and marketing purposes. It is not Mikes fault that Red Cannon entered into an agreement which Red Cannon could not apparently complete - that is Red Cannon's fault. The proper way to have resolved this situation would have been to re-negotiate the contract to a point that was mutually agreeable and to correct any damage done to the vehicle prior to its return.

Maninga

Adventurer
I think the contract was pretty clear on what should have been done. 10k isn't a lot to start with, but that should have been budgeted at the start if more was required.

Posting on the board isn't the big issue, it's what the current state of the Jeep is. Even if the Jeep was to have been sold later, Mike would have at least got something out of it that would have been worthwhile. Now it's a shell that's not in a usable condition, in breach of what the contract states.

As an aside, even if the contract was to have been posted up, leaving in personal details like address I think is a no-no. Care should have at least been taken to remove these.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
If the initial contract was no longer valid and was replaced with a different contract - then why did you post the original contract? I suspect that there was cause for termination of any contract based on the apparent lack of progress made and the condition of the vehicle.

Posting more information is not going to help repair Red Cannon's damaged reputation at this point. It is too late for that. I don't think anything can convince people reading this thread that some how Mike's participation in this project was the cause of the non-completion of the contract and destruction of his vehicle. Had Red Cannon met Mike half-way by returning a vehicle which was at least usable and not with the wiring and plumbing in such disarray and missing a roof - then perhaps you would have had a chance of presenting this as a "disagreement". Based on the condition of the vehicle as returned and the content of the letter posted by Dion, the opinions of the readers of this thread will not likely be changed.

adam88

Explorer
Hey Dion. You shut down your facebook page. Why? What are you hiding? You are acting like a guilty person, yet you come on here to defend yourself.

As soon as people started posting "evidence" from your facebook page it disappears.

That sure makes you look suspicious.

adam88

Explorer
Also, Dion (or your wife, is she is fighting this battle for you) - WHERE IS THE ROOF?

A) You kept the roof
B) You destroyed the roof due to incompetence

Which one is it. According to what you told the lawyer, you ruined the original roof??? So you are an incompetent builder? Then you send back the jeep missing the original roof with nothing more than some crappy mold?

If you want to defend yourself then start answering questions otherwise everything you say is just noise

Also, explain to everyone what happened to the money. And also tell us where you got the $25,000 to open the shop, when the newspaper article says you guys were flat broke with only $1500 to your name living out of an RV. Did the money Mike gave you go towards building the shop?.

Why don't you post a detailed accounting page showing where all of Mike's money went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles