EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
image.jpeg
(above) Seriously, that could float...

image.jpeg
(above) And it's light enough for one guy to get it on and off...???...
Put on the rails, hangers for seats and standing, with spreader bars... So simple...
I will water test it like that before it goes on the truck... Maybe...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Trolling motor...???... Solar charged...???... With the light bar bolted up front...???... Hmmm...

Question for the solar guys : could a 2x4 panel power a trolling motor...??....

Last edited:

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
06 - Fiberglassing The Roof...

P1120770.JPG

(above) The edge gaps were filled with spray foam, troweled in, compressed... Once dry it is way less porous than un-troweled...

P1120773.JPG

(above) The foam has been sanded, some gaps were filled with Bondo then sanded one last time...

P1120774.JPG

(above) Using 6oz. Volan and Resin Research Epoxy...Huge tip of the hat to Jose and Matt at Fiberglass Supply for donating the glass and resin for this project... Good guys, supporting loyal customers...

P1120776.JPG

(above) One hour after pouring the first cup of resin, it is fiberglassed... Fill coats and a lot of detail work left...

westyss

Explorer
Trolling motor...???... Solar charged...???... With the light bar bolted up front...???... Hmmm...

Question for the solar guys : could a 2x4 panel power a trolling motor...??....

I do this except not using solar directly as my motor is a high thrust unit but I use a deep cycle battery and have two solar panels strapped on the boat to recharge the battery.
I am not always using the motor so it gets charged progressively even when not in use. I dont use a controller as I just monitor the charge progress myself and disconnect the panels once they are charged up but using a controller would be easily adapted, I do tilt the panels to maximize charge and have only had one time when several cloudy days during heavy use used up my power. Green fishing! Eco friendly.... hey, dont use the light bar if you dont have to, sounds like illegal fishing to me!

All kidding aside, its looking good, I got the impression that you were or are going to blend the roof to the body, is that the case? Like flare it out to change the overall shape of the transition from body to roof? Particularly for example the very leading edge at the front of the roof meeting the old cabover part.

Last edited:

GeoScum

Adventurer
..Huge tip of the hat to Jose and Matt at Fiberglass Supply for donating the glass and resin for this project... Good guys, supporting loyal customers...

Why would anybody donate material to somebody who is getting paid for work, on a project owned by a rich person? Weird business model there.

PaulJensen

Custom Builder

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Why would anybody donate material to somebody who is getting paid for work, on a project owned by a rich person? Weird business model there.

Why...???... We have been friends and coincidentally, me a patron of their business for a long time ...Friends help friends... All of my business relationships are based on that from the beginning...

Why...???... My friends at Fiberglass Supply appreciate many things about their friends, creativity, communication on new applications for their products, and maybe most important, I have supported their families and communities since 1977, as long as I have been building surfboards... Loyalty counts for a lot...

Why...???... I have introduced a lot of surfboard builders, worldwide, to them...A simple thing to say to someone asking for a recommendation is these guys are my friends, they treat me well, do what they say, quickly, offer awesome products, and are interested in what you are doing...

Why...???... When they do screw up, they take my beratings in style, we shake hands and wrong is made right... We always laugh later...

Why...???... I told them, sincerely, as friends you can use the Jeep whenever you want... Really...

You said this is a paid project owned by a rich guy... Partially incorrect...The Jeep was generously gifted to my by my fiend Mike Hiscox... He is my friend... He is in no way funding my project...

We both are rich guys.... Rich in experience... Rich in ideas... Rich in shared interests... Rich in our common respect and friendships... Only bean counters consider the finacially blessing of weath to be the only definition of "Rich" ... With a rich life it is second nature to give away what you have in abundance... Mike did it with me, I do that for others... It just goes round and round...

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
Why...???... We have been friends and coincidentally, me a patron of their business...Friends help friends... All of my business relationships are based on that from the beginning...

Why...???... My friends at Fiberglass Supply appreciate several things with their friends, creativity, communication on new applications for their products, and maybe most important, I have supported their families and communities since 1977, as long as I have been building surfboards... Loyalty counts for a lot...

Why...???... I have introduced a lot of surfboard builders, worldwide, to them...A simple thing to is to say to someone asking for a recommendation is these guys are my friends, they threat me well, do what they say, quickly, offer awesome products, and are interested in what you are doing...

Why...???... When they do screw up, they take my beratings in style, we shake hands and wrong is made right... We always laugh later...

Why...???... I told them, sincerely, as friends you can use the Jeep whenever you want... Really...

You said this is a paid project owned by a rich guy... Partially incorrect...The Jeep was generously gifted to my by my fiend Mike Hiscox... He is my friend... He is in no way funding my project...

We both are rich guys.... Rich in experience... Rich in ideas... Rich in shared interests... Rich in our common respect and friendships... Only bean counters consider the finacially blessing of weath to be the only definition of "Rich" ... With a rich life it is second nature to give away what you have in abundance... Mike did it with me, I do that for others... It just goes round and round...

Well said Paul, and when it's the truth...'what goes around, comes around'...it's not hard to say!

fog cutter

Adventurer

someone would realize the materials can be a tax write-off and the mark-up/ profits (not acquired) can be charged to the marketing department of the business. the world wide advertisement is more than adequate compensation for the minor bit of profit which would have been realized from the materials. if they make 1 sale, they'll probably break even, 2, they're ahead.

what is your business model?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne