EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

GR8ADV

Explorer
Geez, everybody's acting like the truck is dead and gone forever. It isn't toast; it hasn't even been un-Northwest Editioned.

Idk I think it will need a new name. It might be the same truck, but it will be quite different. This is way more than a makeover. There will be some fundamental changes. I am thinking you could call it Caitlyn.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Looking good in the garage there.

Man, all this makes me wonder if I should even post anything about the mods I am planning for my trailer? lol

:coffeedrink:

DionK

Managed to remove the top today along with all 15lbs of hardware associated with doing so. Even after removing the roof rack the top was extremely heavy. Guessing a bit over 200lbs. I will post pictures in the morning, no more light for the day. Final electrical inspection any day and I should have "real power".

DionK

Started the day off by removing all the misc things mounted to the upper shell.

jeep side.jpg

Then proceeded to construct the fresh water tank.

jeep tank 3.jpg

jeep tank 4.jpg

More to come tomorrow.

Heifer Boy

Adventurer
I like the custom tank. Are you molding it in place permanently or will it be removable?

Loving watching another adventure with Mike. Keep it up :bigok:

DionK

I like the custom tank. Are you molding it in place permanently or will it be removable?

The tank will be removable. The only reason I take a mold of the floor is to get as much water storage as possible, It will make more sense as the build progresses.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
The tank will be removable. The only reason I take a mold of the floor is to get as much water storage as possible, It will make more sense as the build progresses.

Good idea, maximize the water by filling in all the nooks and crannies...

Heifer Boy

Adventurer

So is the blue bit on the floor fibreglass or plastic sheet ready for fibreglass acting as a mold release?

It's hard to tell from the photo but I'm interested in your process. I've often thought of similar stuff utilising spare wheel wells spaces or making a tank in a small void in a campervan or something but don't know how to do it. Nothing I couldn't find out but it looks like you are already partway through.

DionK

So is the blue bit on the floor fibreglass or plastic sheet ready for fibreglass acting as a mold release?

Yes the blue stuff underneath the part is regular painters tape with wax applied. The wax is the keep to getting part to separate from the tape.

DionK

jeep dr.jpg

jeep pass.jpg

Here are some pics of the general layout of the cabinets. Been really busy the last couple days, the top is ready to come off just waiting for more arms to help aid in picking it up.

DionK

Here is also how the panels look in the Jeep. Really hard to see the picture it was taken prior to having lights on in the shop.
jeep panel.jpg

Speaking of lights we finally have the power on. Bring on the power tools no more fooling around!!

Let there be light!!!.jpg

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Sweet idea on the custom-molded tank Dion. Will you be building it?
I'll be curious to hear about the cost/volume of a custom tank which maximizes the floor shape vs a pre-built rectangular tank like a Ronco which wouldn't maximize the floor shape but would be pre-built and less expensive I'm assuming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94