Buffalo Wing Recipes

pint

Adventurer
Who has a good buffalo wing recipe? I don't have any so lets have 'em! I love the wings at Buffalo Wild Wings, etc. I've made them a few times at home, but with limited success. Please help. :chef:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
For Buffalo sauce I like the recipe of 1 tsp white vinegar, 1/4 cup butter melted, and 2 to 5 tsp of the hot sauce of your choice. Just fry or bake your wings\drum sticks\thighs\whatever and toss in the sauce and serve!

I like this Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese recipe: http://noblepig.com/2010/03/28/buffalo-chicken-macoroni-and-cheese.aspx It is pretty easy to adapt to a 12 inch dutch oven for cooking on the trail too, my dad has done that but I never have. And in fact my dad won the People's Choice Award at the 2010 Dutch Oven Cook Off at the Sydney NE Cabela's with this recipe. You're welcome, dad.

SilverBullet

Explorer
I have a sweet/spicy sauce I make, but can't share sorry. It involves Frank's Red Hot and Brown Sugar, that is all I can tell ya.

AKRover

Adventurer
I usually take some butter and sweat some minced garlic in it and then add some franks to it. For the wings I steam them first to render out some of the fat and then they go in a 425 degree oven on a cooling rack that placed on a sheet tray. The steaming pretty much cooks the wings so they are done when they are nice and crispy. Serve with some chunky Lighthouse blue cheese dressing, celery optional.

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
Verde Rat's Wings

I like to boil the wings until they are almost fully cooked. Then after draining the water, I add a sauce consisting of tomato paste, honey, Louisiana Hot Sauce, ketchup or tomato sauce, dried red peppers, canned green chilies, and a little water (Once I have mix all the goodies together I’ll bring the sauce to a boil in a separate sauce pan) . After that ,I put the wings (soaking in sauce) in the refrigerator to cool down, this helps the sauce stick to the wings. Once I’m ready to eat I’ll throw them on the BBQ . :chef:

ddog45

Adventurer
I like to fry my wings in peanut oil. My sauce consists of franks red hot butter and "magic dust" and a little extra brown sugar. Oh and I top it of with kraft honey bbq sauce.:chef:

pint

Adventurer
Thanks all...so far so good! I'm getting ready to cook
some wings this weekend! Keep the recipes coming...:beer:

Abel Villesca

Explorer
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce
3/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Tsp Salt
6 Tbs Molly McButter (Imitation butter flavor, powered)
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1-1/3 Tsp Sugar

• Combine Hot Sauce, Cayenne Pepper, Salt, Molly McButter, Garlic Powder, and
Sugar in a bowl.• Mix well. (If needed, heat for a few seconds in a microwave
to help)• Put chicken pieces in a ziplock bag and add just enough sauce to
coat the chicken. Seal and refrigerate for an hour.
Store remaining sauce for grilling.• Cook chicken over hot grill. Flip
chicken every few minutes, and brush sauce on top after each flip. Should be done after fourth flip, but results will vary. Cut a drumstick to the bone and inspect to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.

Enjoy :chef:

zags

The best buffalo wing recepies seem to be the simple ones. This is my favorite by far:
For Hot:
24 wings
12 oz Lousianna Hot Sauce (brand name). Tabasco is too vinegary tasting for me.
12 oz Butter
8 cloves minced garlic.

Adjust butter/hot sauce ratio for milder wings. 60/40 is pretty mild.

Deep fry wings in batches as needed at 350 for 12 min. Don't crowd them.
Keep warm in a baking dish in a warm oven untill all are done.
melt butter in a saucepan, add hot sauce and garlic and simmer for few minutes to thicken.
toss wings with sauce.

TexGX

Explorer
Wife frys them with no batter and mixes Franks Hot Sauce with butter. It is all you need.

TexGX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz