A Good Quality Tarp

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

I had been looking for a tarp that is lightweight, looks durable and I went to Northern Tool and Equipment (1-800-533-5545)(NorthernTool.Com) and purchased a "Made in USA" Extreme Duty Tarp made of 1,000 Denier Polyester (like a very heavy tent fabric), it's gray in color and is 6'x8' (Actually 8.5') Model# CN0608D and was $29.99. The long side have 5 grommets, the short side have 4 grommet, each side sharing the corner grommet. There was also a 8X10 for $47.99, the catalog (pg. 200) list other sizes up to 20x30. They are made by: Wel-Bilt, 2800 Southcross Drive West, PO Box 1499, Burnsville, MN 55337-0499.

If your tired of traditional tarps, then these attractive ones are lightweight, fold-up nice and easy and might be worth considering, not to mention "MADE IN USA"

Pete Wilson

Snafu

Adventurer
Sounds nice! I'm hoping to make my own bed cap (sort of) with a tarp and a ladder rack and this sounds awesome. In fact I could have a nice duce and a half look goin on with this :sombrero:

Nice find...have any idea how it is in the rain?

corax

Explorer
I bought a Northern Tool canvas tarp about 2 years ago and it's holding up very well. With how heavy the material is I expect it to last quite a while yet.

I've used it as ground cover for the tent, something to lay on under the truck and as a tarp (go figure) to cover my mini backhoe - I keep it in the back of the 4runner (also gives the truck a great "canvas" smell).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94