Added Exterior Side lights...

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
The beauty of having an old vehicle is that it doesnt hurt to try unique things. Im to the age where its getting harder and harder to see at night. Night blindness I guess. My problem is that I enjoy cross country driving at night. I needed a way to see down off the road while driving. So I added an Hummer H2 driving light to each side of the vehicle. A little wiring and a couple switches and relays and they should be ready to try out.

zephyr201.jpg

zephyr202.jpg

zephyr203.jpg

zephyr204.jpg

Last edited:

Xodius

Adventurer
Looks very cool. Always nice to see something different. Keep me posted I love jeeps, especially the older ones. Too many darn electronics on the new ones. :smiley_drive:

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
I just mounted them. Now I need to find some H2 plugs so I can wire them up. Im going out thanksgiving so the push is on to get all the lights wired up. Should have some pics soon...

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I just mounted them. Now I need to find some H2 plugs so I can wire them up. Im going out thanksgiving so the push is on to get all the lights wired up. Should have some pics soon...

Not familiar with the H2 lights but I would think since they're driving lights, they'll be a pretty narrow beam. Who knows though, may work fine for you.

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
They do have a dual element bulb in them so who knows. the head lights fan wide and have the same style reflector in them. Anyones guess? LOL But as dark as it gets out there it dosnt take much to light up things. We will see.:Wow1: I hope...

off-roader

Expedition Leader
They do have a dual element bulb in them so who knows. the head lights fan wide and have the same style reflector in them. Anyones guess? LOL But as dark as it gets out there it dosnt take much to light up things. We will see.:Wow1: I hope...

Oh... you mean the actual headlights? Yeah those probably have a wider beam pattern close in than aftermarket driving pattern lights. Never actually compared the two though.

Terrainist

Explorer
That's a nifty idea, never would have thought of that. And the nice thing about old trucks, you can do things like that and still sleep at night.

Caduceus

Adventurer
So, wait, I'm confused. Are these while you're driving? Or more like the lights when setting up camp and such.

Uh, well, ok. I certainly added enough lights to my truck. Nicely done - it does look factory. If they are going to be aux lights for camp set up and such, maybe adding another up higher?

Sabre07

Observer
Interesting modification. I was just looking at a body light from a helicopter on ebay that accomplished the same effect. I am looking forward to seeing them in action. We call these "at scene" lights at work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles