New Product - Vector OffRoad JKE-Dock

Vector OffRoad

Supporting Sponsor
FREE SHIPPING THROUGH 11/30 IN CON US.

JKE-Dock (JK Wrangler Electronics Dock) $129.99 In stock and shipping immediately

The Vector Off-Road JKE-Dock installs directly to your 2007-2010 JK Wrangler dash using existing mounting points. It is 100% bolt on, and requires no permanent modification to your Wrangler. JKE-Dock provides a clean solid mounting point for your Cell Phone, GPS, Spot Messenger, Flashlight, CB, CB Microphone, Radar Detector, Ham Radio, etc… The Dock also has an integrated dash top storage tray. The tray is a great place for sunglasses or other small items you would like to keep close at hand.

JKE-Dock works in conjunction with RAM™ Mount accessory brackets and mounting balls. (http://www.ram-mount.com). Start with a 1" diameter RAM™ base with u-bolt(RAM-B-231U) and place it anywhere along the Dock with your favorite RAM™ Mount and Arm.

The JKE-Dock is manufactured in the USA using hi-strength steel tubing and stainless hardware. It comes standard in a durable semi-gloss black powder coat finish.

edockbare.jpg

edockdriver.jpg

edockemptytop.jpg

edockfulleyelevel.jpg

edockpass.jpg

edocktrayclose.jpg

Last edited:

Vector OffRoad

Supporting Sponsor
im guessing this doesnt work with the daystar dash panel?

I had a daystar in my jeep when we developed this product and I really liked it. I went back to the stock dash cap when I installed the JKE-dock. I prefer the larger size of the tray in the E-Dock. It has significantly more room. Things I typically put in my tray: sunglasses, wallet, chicken nuggets :). If you use your Daystar for items like coins, toothpicks, rings I would say advantage Daystar panel.

As you see it, the JKE-Dock won't work with the daystar panel.

Three options for you:
1. Go back to OEM dash cap
2. Grind off about 1/2" of the tall rear lip on the daystar cap and it will fit.
3. We can make you an E-Dock with out a middle tray during our next production run. (lead time might be a little long)

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Very nice. I have a Rugged Ridge dash tray with a similar but shorter bar (or dock) as mounting system. Have my GPS mounted to it. Works very well.

This here looks - at least from the pics - even better than the Rugged Ridge. So without knowing this specific product, all I can say is that these kind of dash bar/tray is one of the most useful accessory I bought for my JK.

attachment.php

Nice the see new vendors coming out with useful and reasonably priced new accessories. Welcome to Expo, Vector Off Road.

mmccurdy

Adventurer
Looks very similar to one that I did myself (started life as a rugged ridge dash organizer, then gradually replaced each bit until it was entirely new).

I've been very happy with mine, the RAM mount stuff gives you a lot of flexibility. Cool to see a mfg. come out with a version folks can buy off-the-shelf :smiley_drive:

web.jpg

web.jpg

keithro

Adventurer
Nice work, which RAM mount did you use for your HAM? I'm getting ready to mount my 7800 on the JK E-dock.

mmccurdy

Adventurer
Nice work, which RAM mount did you use for your HAM? I'm getting ready to mount my 7800 on the JK E-dock.

The Kenwood came with a little click-in shoe type mount that was intended to be used with an adhesive dashboard foot plate. I took the mount apart between the faceplate mount and the base, then I picked up a 1" RAM mounting ball with a female thread and a matching machine screw and just mounted the faceplate shoe directly to the RAM ball.

Sorry if that's a little confusing, I don't have any great pics of it at the moment. I can snap one tomorrow if you're interested.

Dirt Devils

that's a nice looking addition! how well does it handle vibration on washboard/rough roads; can you still read the display on the GPSR?

Vector OffRoad

Supporting Sponsor
that's a nice looking addition! how well does it handle vibration on washboard/rough roads; can you still read the display on the GPSR?

Looks like you're just up the road from us.

The E-Dock handles washboards great. I've done hundreds of washboard miles in my rig with it. As far as reading the display it really depends on each item. The electronics shake as much as the jeep....I can usually read my GPS or Iphone with out a problem.

ryancrouch

So tempting perhaps though I should get a JK first :drool: . I have to say this is one of the neatest accessories I have seen for the JK and any other vehicle. If it functions half as well as it looks like it should, it will be an amazing value!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier