Roof rack/basket question

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Hello all! I have a question, I hope this the right section to post it. I see all the time on this forum (and others) photos of Expo trucks w/ roof top (on rack or in basket) mounted gas/water cans some times one or two or even more! These cans are HEAVY!!! so how on earth do you guy's/gal's get them up/down to the roof top if you have no ladder (I have no place to mount one) and I am not close enough to a tire to use a tire step and I travel alone! A "Super Syphon" would work to re-fill my tank, w/long hose tho I am not sure, If I could get up to them but still getting them up could pose a problem when full. Empty I can just mount them in the holders, no problem as I can just reach them. I have 2 20 ltr. "Blitz" cans (46 or so lbs. each full) that I want to mount on the cab roof of my truck w/"Tule" towers and bars w/ "Blitz" can holders x2 for the outboard side, L&R so they will be closer to getting at when needed. A step stool possibly? I have no other options for carry as the bed topper will have no room, and the inside of the topper is my sleeping setup. Help! I need suggestions! photos? Oh! I have used a "Hitch Haul" in the past but it makes my angle of approach/departure worse than it is already and I am kind of spooked by gas cans carried on it even tho well marked. Can anybody help me? Any of this make sense? Thanks, stay safe mjmcdowell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne