Fiamma Awning Brackets?

GaryMc

Explorer
I just picked up an E250 and have a Fiamma awning from a past rig. I want to mount it up to the passenger side of the van but don't know what kind of front bracket you Sportsmobile folks are using. Is there a special bracket that fits behind the front and side doors? Is it drilled into the roof or body?
Let me know if I'm not being clear enough...

Thanks- Gary

Chris

Adventurer
Gary, there is alot of information on the subject over at Sportsmobileforum.
get registered and check it out. :ylsmoke:

GaryMc

Explorer
Thanks! Maybe I can swing by the station soon and get some photos and ideas from your van's interior. Fireman drink beer, right?

Saline

Adventurer
Thanks! Maybe I can swing by the station soon and get some photos and ideas from your van's interior. Fireman drink beer, right?

Stop by anytime you see it there! Or PM me if you want to meet up somewhere. I have the Fiamma awning and brackets if you need to measure them.

surfgeek33

Adventurer
You can actually buy the awning and hardware at SMB West (Fresno) But you have to drill holes in the van's body. IMO, I like Eli's brackets (sportsmobileforum.com) a lot better. Not too impressed the way SMB mounts their awning.

GaryMc

Explorer
You can actually buy the awning and hardware at SMB West (Fresno) But you have to drill holes in the van's body. IMO, I like Eli's brackets (sportsmobileforum.com) a lot better. Not too impressed the way SMB mounts their awning.

Eli is unfortunately out of the bracket business. I have called SMB Austin several times and have yet to hear back from anyone.... I'll give SMB West a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles