Around the World with Toyota HZJ 78

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I love these....

img00031.jpg

Every time I see round the world trips, I see a picture like this.... it must be so cool to camp with other travelers that are doing the same type of adventures.

I wonder how they find these oasis's of the road?

miki

Observer
Miki

Hello, this photo is from Yaonde (the capital city of Cameroon). It is Presbitarian mission and you can camp there if you pay a fee. We arrived there and there were a lot of travellers from South Africa, Canada, Luxembourg and England. The people were great. We spent there a few days while waiting for our visas to other countries.
Best regards Miki

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"I wonder how they find these oasis's of the road? "

arrrrr the secrets of the travelling people may never be revealed !
:smiley_drive:

well actually you start with the lonely planet guides, then you meet people in the first campsite who recomend X campsite as they have just come from there.

and so on and so on

usually each site has cards for others in other countries and locations.

Its half the fun of travelling having your plans change as you meander along.

As you get to remoter areas you get you'll probably hook up with other like minded travellers too, who usually hang a few days at a nice place before venturing into the next country or desert in groups

miki

Observer
miki

org00071.jpg

I recommend that major central Congo is experience. road from Kinshasa to Lubumbashi is an adventure. 2000 km of mud, sand, water. :smiley_drive:

Attachments

• org00068.jpg
    org00068.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 215
  • org00070.jpg
    org00070.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Thanks for the links and pics!

Since I moved to Canada (from Germany) I havent been back to Africa... It's almost ten years now. Even though I love the place we call home right now, I'm still home sick when thinking about all the travel options one has in Europe!
Back in Germany, I always had an adventure bike ready to go, a Unimog in the parking lot and I'm sure I would have a ultimate Land Cruiser by now.

Crap... I think I'm moving back :ylsmoke:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Cool travels and even cooler truck...

I know I have alot to be thankfull for living in the US (and the NW at that) but frankly I just plain HATE the fact that we can't even special order these amazing trucks here. Land of the FREE my ascot. I WANT A 70SERIES Troupy SO BAD!!!!!!!!! It's even worse cause I've driuven several rather extgensively in Australia and now I KNOW the grass is far greener on the other side of the equator for me...

anywho...

Cheers

Dave

Toyotero

Explorer
Cool travels and even cooler truck...

I know I have alot to be thankfull for living in the US (and the NW at that) but frankly I just plain HATE the fact that we can't even special order these amazing trucks here. Land of the FREE my ascot. I WANT A 70SERIES Troupy SO BAD!!!!!!!!!

Ditto on all that.

miki

Observer
Hzj 78

I can say it is really cool truck. I can recommend....I am going to the USA at the end of summer 2011 we would like to travel along the west coast to Alaska. I hope we won´t be eaten by grizzly :bike_rider::bike_rider::bike_rider:

TroyLee

Hi Miki, great adventure and absolutely famous car ( have the same:)). Good luck!

Ahoj Milane, Vasi tour sleduju a fandim Vam. Super cesta i auto.
Honza

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier