Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
American Adventurist is proud to announce our partnership with Rigid Industries - Lighting the way to Adventure!

Stay tuned for some MAJOR lighting upgrades as we mount their 50" SR series lightbar, Rigid grill with 20" SR series light bar and some D2's front and rear -

Adding to the awesomeness here is the fact that the new All-Pro Offroad APEX aluminum front bumper is on and ready for them!

APEX BUMPER 1.0.jpg

Last edited:

Explorer
Yours is a first gen amigo, the 2nd gen bumper is bigger.

Email from ARB USA:

I have both gens, the second one was maybe 25lbs heavier than the first, but not a 100lbs. I guess I am just a studbolt for lifting 175lb bumper with an 80lb winch!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I have both gens, the second one was maybe 25lbs heavier than the first, but not a 100lbs. I guess I am just a studbolt for lifting 175lb bumper with an 80lb winch!

Hahahaha! Hey, I'm just going off ARB's own numbers. It's on the internet so it must be true right? ;)

Explorer
I'm glad to see you putting that thing on a diet, the new goose gear setup looks perfect! My 2nd gen has a flip pac also, I need to get some build pics up soon...

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Rigid Industries Lighting

Phase Two of new Goose Gear upgrades are nearly complete, and a pile of lights are on the way from Rigid Industries .
>
rigid logo2.jpg
http://www.rigidindustries.com/
Pending upgrades from Rigid Industries:
>
2005-2011 Toyota Tacoma Rigid 20" SR-Series LED Grille
1.jpg
Rigid SR 20" – Combo
2.jpg
Rigid SR 50" - Combo
SR 50 Combo.jpg
Rigid D2 - Driving – For All-Pro APEX Front Bumper
Dually D2 Driving Pair.jpg
Rigid D2 - Wide – Reverse Light on Demello Rear Bumper
D2  Wide  Single.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
im kinda iffy about Ridged after watching this guys vids

Every brand has it's critics, and it's issues. Baja Designs makes a GREAT product too. I just happen to prefer Rigid, YMMV.

This guy that did the video sure likes to mention Baja Designs over and over right from the beginning before the results, I wonder why? Painful video to watch really and not due to the products... the Baja Designs spin there is apparent. Nothing wrong with being a fan boy, just my observation ;)

Last edited:

BenMara

Asian Redneck
yea love my ridged, just real careful when crossing water now. did one warranty with them. just wish my Lightforce 170 werent so large. theyd be on the truck already

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
The truck is back on the road after an extended stay in dry dock - new additions include the All-Pro Offroad APEX aluminum bumper, Rigid Industries grill, SR-20 light bar, D-2 driving lights and an SR-50 light bar mounted up top via SoCal Super Trucks brackets.
-
Now on to wiring and switching upgrades and maybe even some American Adventurist vinyl - and finalizing the as yet-to-be-seen Goose Gear version 2.0 inside the FlipPac.
-
Stay tuned ;)
-
DSC_0729.jpg
-
DSC_0734.jpg
-
DSC_0740.jpg
-
DSC_0744.jpg
-
Rigid grill and SR-20 closeup, JDM 1975 FJ-45 Land Cruiser "Toyota" emblem. The Warn M-8000 was disassembled and cleaned and has fresh Lucas Oil grease. Viking 3/8 synthetic line.
DSC_0747.jpg
-
Rigid Industries SR-50 and SoCal Super Trucks brackets
DSC_0743.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Truck is looking good Dave. That drawer system is pretty incredible.

At this point, your most difficult challenge will be when to stop modifying. ;)

Any trips planned for the desert season? That truck is begging for a little Belizean mud!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94