Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

sumnrfam

Very close. More likely a Forester, Crosstrek or Outback. Need room for potential partners in crime, gear and bikes/kayaks :D

Cant go wrong with the Subie Dave,,, this is unloading before a week on Powell a few years ago. EPIC trip,, plenty of room in the Forester :sombrero:

P1010096crop1.jpg

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
how much does the system weight?

We're around 100 lbs with table and all which is half of what my previous wood interior weighed and WAY more usable, and organized, storage and living space.

Add the accessories like fridge etc etc and supplies and the entire camper is at 500 lbs - HALF the weight of a Four Wheel Camper.

MTaco

Adventurer
Bumper looks great! Have you noticed a difference in street manors after dropping all that weight?

I always look forward to updates on your rig. :Astrologist:

BenMara

Asian Redneck
We're around 100 lbs with table and all which is half of what my previous wood interior weighed and WAY more usable, and organized, storage and living space.
Add the accessories like fridge etc etc and supplies and the entire camper is at 500 lbs - HALF the weight of a Four Wheel Camper.
now thats what im talking about

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Are you sure :)

Sure enough. The FlipPac itself is listed at 290lbs per the MFG. The interior is around 100lbs per the MFG. I'm guessing a fridge and assorted crapola at another 110lbs for a total of approximately 500lbs. Even if I add another 100lbs of crap it's still several hundred pounds lighter than potential alternatives.

What I am 100% sure of is the FACT that there is no lighter camper available with this many square feet of living space and this many amenities on a 5ft bed Tacoma. Period.

:)

Frosty_1

Adventurer
Dave,

What is the system made of? It looks very much like the 80/20 "QuickFrame" product...Just curious if you knew anything more about it...

Explorer
Are you sure the arb weighed 175lb? Mine felt less than a 100lbs, maybe 175 with a winch. I didn't use a scale, just my girlish arms.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Phase Two of the Goose Gear interior project is coming along nicely. More info and pics are being added to the Goose Gear site as production of modules ramps up, check it out!

Here is my custom module for Toyota Tacoma, this module started out its life as a two drawer module with an extension and a lid. The great feature about the lid is the ability to access drawer contents from inside the vehicle with the camper closed. You do not need to open the tailgate to get to the top drawer or rear bin from inside the FlipPac.

goose gear 11.jpg

Great shot of the standard two drawer small module, full extensions stainless steel drawer guides make this drawer fully functional.

goose gear 12.jpg

Dovetailed drawers with stainless steel drawer guides for superior longevity.

goose gear 13.jpg

Customized standard door module.

goose gear 15.jpg

Salice hinges for superior strength and reliability.

goose gear 14.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier