18seeds

Explorer
IMG_0367.jpg

is the FP pushed all the way forward?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
is the FP pushed all the way forward?

See below:

Shows the whole process of fitting. Before anyone says anything, a couple of the pictures show the back of the AT FlipPac hanging off the back of the bed slightly. We do this so we can trim the rear door extrusion to matches the cap of the truck. Once it's flush the AT Flippac is slide forward into place.

On the Tacomas with a composite bed we make brackets that fit into the track system on the rail. We use the brackets to hold the FlipPac in place.

Willman

Nice Dave!

Without reading all 112 pages....What did you do for rear springs instead of the Deavers?

Can't wait to see the pictures of you getting her broke in!!

Congrats!

:wings:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Looks great! Looking forward to interior shots.

One hypothetical question though:

Let's say you're snoring away in the middle of the night and someone comes by and pushes your tire carrier closed with the tailgate up and rear window down.

How would you get out?

Pete

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
One hypothetical question though:

Let's say you're snoring away in the middle of the night and someone comes by and pushes your tire carrier closed with the tailgate up and rear window down.

How would you get out?

Well, I would never sleep through that but you could go the pass through route into the cab via the sliding windows, OR you could pop the rear window open a couple inches, reach down and undo the swingout and open the tailgate. It can be opened and fully closed from inside :)

Then, bide my time to return the favor to the perpetrator... waiting months, even years if I have to... until they have completely forgotten their transgressions... striking when the time is right with a burlap bag, duct tape and nylon rope. Then I make them a living geocache somewhere remote, posting the coordinates on ExPo ;)

Last edited:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Well, you could go the pass through route into the cab via the sliding windows, OR you could pop the rear window open a couple inches, reach down and undo the swingout and open the tailgate. It can be opened and fully closed from inside :)

Then, bide my time to return the favor to the perpetrator... waiting months, even years if I have to... until they have completely forgotten their transgressions... striking when the time is right with a burlap bag, duct tape and nylon rope ;)

I was actually picturing one of those late driving nights stopped at a roadside turnout catching some sleep. Snoring away and some local hoolagans come by and slam it shut. But as long as there is enough room to reach down to the swingout all is good. I know with some tire carriers it's too close to get a canopy window open :)

An that's a reminder not to travel with Dave if he brings along a burlap sack!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Corpsmen and duct tape - dangerous combination IIRC.:Wow1: Could actually land you in jail in some countries.:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne