Iveco Massif as the new Commander

JeffRRC

Adventurer
Ok, after checking out the Fiat owned Iveco Massif on the net, I think it should come to the U.S. to be sold as the new Jeep Commander. What do you think?

JeffRRC

Adventurer
Definitely with a cleaned up front end. It would probably be a pretty simple job for the stylists to convert them to a headlight assembly similar to the Commander or Liberty with a vertical slat grill. I want one with the diesel!

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
fat chance in hell we'll see that over here. i'd place a bet on that as well.

very cool though.:victory:

95253d1233329308-iveco-massif-santana.jpg

JeffRRC

Adventurer
Very cool. That picture looks like the earlier Santana Anibal. The newest Massif has angled stacked headlights. I've been playing with photoshop and it would make a handsome jeep.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've been asking for this (with one of the diesels) as a resurrected Wagoneer for months.
It's a neat truck.

JeffRRC

Adventurer
That was my thought as well, especially so in the fenders & rear cab.
A question - With the 4 door wrangler in production, exactly what niche would this be filling ?

The Massif is a larger, heavier vehicle. It can carry, haul and tow more than the Wrangler Unlimited. It is basically a rebadged Santana Anibal, so it is essentially a Land Rover with Iveco diesel power. As far as the niche question, I guess you could argue the same point with the existing Commander. At least this Massif would give solid axles, choice of diesel engines, short and long wheelbase option and a pickup as well. Of course, this is all just a wish.:drool:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Where's Haven when you need him...

...are the Massif sales going well in England? This is the first full year for having it there, right?
I was thinking that they might be temped to bring it here if it did well in that English-speaking market.
That 3L diesel plant calls to me is a sweet siren song...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier