Vandetta

Toolman

Explorer
Wow! Followed this build from the start. It's a great truck! I'm sure someone will be interested. But, sorry to see you move on. Your projects are all impressive!

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Thank you, It's only for something much bigger down the road. I have some ideas for projects and the van could be very useful however I don't see using it for overland travel anytime soon and the things I've been thinking of doing to it, are just plain unspeakable.

$25-35k, depending on miles and overall condition.

73k miles, it's mine.. I use it.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Of course the old stand by formula has always been Blue Book + half the cost of all the mods. However, these vans are so rare that I figure you could get close to full cost on the mods. So, figure $8800 on the van, plus whatever you have into it.

Toolman

Explorer
Oooh I like that formula, especially about the full return on mods.

I suppose every thing has it's price. Thanks for the input.

Toolman

Explorer
Probably NOT the coolest mod ever...... BUT THIS BAD BOY IS PAID OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!! PAID IN FULL !!!!!! ALL MINE, MINE, MINE !!!!! JUST MADE THE TRANSFER....

WOOHOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can finish it.

Toolman

Explorer
Finally got around to starting the door storage. I will eventually make a new panel that will allow me store a 2 burner coleman stove in the rear driver side door.

laid in some reflectix and some marine grade carpet after cutting the hole (which will be much larger)

then cut a hole in the panel, I was thinking of just adding a door that folds down into a table.

and then I started thinking about a rear kitchen idea I've had similar to a tear drop where you can access the kitchen from inside or outside the van.

This will work for a bit until I make the new door panels and get them installed.

Ronyo

Very sad to hear,
I personally know this van, seen it in action on several expeditions.
Great peace of machine, the next owner will be very lucky.

Toolman

Explorer
Very sad to hear,
I personally know this van, seen it in action on several expeditions.
Great peace of machine, the next owner will be very lucky.

Thanks Roni, We definitely worked the bugs out and put some miles on and off road and enjoyed every minute of it. Pains me to see it sitting because its ready to go.

Toolman

Explorer
Not really a modification on the van but more of an accurate record of all things involved with the build and an update for the thread.

The 3 load bars stow away nicely in the wheel box.

For tailgating turn the seat around out the back door

What's that on the table ?

Master Owners Manual

has all things involved in build and creation
wiring schematic
floor plan
materials used
receipts
samples of interior material

Vandetta has a new affectionate nick name VD. Like VD seems I can't really get rid of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles