Collection of Trailer Builds

Willeman

Observer
Thanks all- I have a 20 gallon RV high impact plastic system with a 12v pump spec'd out, I can't find any data on what kind if beating/shaking it can stand up too. Mostly concerned about the fittings in the tank itself.

Willeman

Observer
Yes, pretty darn close to that.
I talked to these guys (class a customs) and they don't have a tank that fits my rig- would have to make me a custom tank, which was expensive. Its a great price if 16 gallons covers you- Flojet makes good pumps- I am not sure which pump their including, so I'd recommend you check the model out. I'd also check out what plastic their using- not all plastics are created equal if you plan to use it for drinking water. But for a 100 bucks plus mounting parts is a good deal- you'll need the filler/vent caps and exterior hose connects et. You'll also need a power source , marine batteries can get spendy but you can can run the pump off your jeep battery if you don't mind hooking it up when you want to use it works just fine. Keep me posted in your progress, I'll post some pics once I get started on it.

Cheers-

Last edited:

CRJeepin

Observer
Good info, thanks. That is supposed to be a drinking water tank but I'd want to confirm before ordering. I already have an Optima blue top battery setup with a fuse block and charging relay off my jeep battery, it charges when I'm driving and disconnects when I stop. I have all that mounted on the trailer tongue and use it to run my ARB fridge in camp. I'd mount the pump in a similar box inside the trailer next to the tank and be good to go. What size tank are you looking at?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Thanks all- I have a 20 gallon RV high impact plastic system with a 12v pump spec'd out, I can't find any data on what kind if beating/shaking it can stand up too. Mostly concerned about the fittings in the tank itself.

The fittings in those tanks are pretty sturdy. I have a similar tank that I picked up locally, it has very similar fittings to these. They are spin-welded or friction-welded in to the tank, and are very strongly attached, I doubt you would ever break one. I would still make sure that nothing is banging around on those fittings, so isolate the tank as best you can from other cargo, but it should be good for years of service.

BTW, that is a very good deal on that pump/tank combo. I have the identical pump, and it works fantastically. Reasonably quiet, lots of pressure and flow rate is perfect. Flojet should last for many years without issues.

Willeman

Observer
Excellent feedback- spoke to the company today it's a food grade tank safe for potable water. Talking to them about moving the fittings on the 30 gallon tank so it will work in my trailer. Need the fittings to come out of the side instead of the end. I thought about doing the 16 gallon tank and bringing Jerry cans to refill it but that kind of defeats the purpose. It would be worth it to get the set up at $79.00 but hoping they'll move the settings so I can do the 30 gal for $99.00

Nilton J

Adventurer
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/42-Expedition-Trailers

Global One Expedition / Bugout off-road tent trailer

It took me one full year to build my trailer.

My brazilian expedition trailer is named Global One , since it was built with parts and acessories from all the continents of the world, except Antarctica.

This is the vídeo:

And below are some pictures:

Foto-0005.jpgFoto-0023.jpgFoto-0052.jpgFoto-0056.jpgFoto-0073.jpgFoto-0076.jpgDSC_1062.JPGDSC_1133.JPGDSC_1142.JPGDSC_0141.JPG

Last edited:

Nilton J

Adventurer
Nilton J, that is a very nice trailer! It really looks like you put some thought into its design.

Below some more pics showing design details.

No wood, no plastics and neither any fiber parts at all in my trailer.

My design target was to make it "unbreakable !

I used the off-road-maxis-coupler from Adventure Trailers, same used in Horizon/Chaser trailers.

DSC_0069.JPGDSC_0086.JPGDSC_0128.JPGDSC_0203.JPGDSC_1065.JPGDSC_1103.JPGDSC_1100.JPGDSC_1113.JPGDSC_1105.JPGDSC_1102.JPG

Last edited:

BenB

Another OR tear drop

This is Ethel maiden voyage image.jpg
She's not complete yet just wanted to get her out for a trial run before the year was up!

grogie

Like to Camp
A couple of pictures on my trailer's maiden voyage to the Michigan U.P. last September.

e395bf44-18d7-4f7b-be93-a34a20104955.jpg

9c933451-eb6f-4a0a-8c15-80013dcb748b.jpg

b718d7dc-4076-4794-ac6b-2d897860e8c9.jpg

A close up:

q71u.jpg

The build included tires to match my Jeep (32" Goodyear MTRs), black Eagle alloy wheels, 3' x 5' x 20" box, hydraulic assisted lid, tailgate, custom built 3500# axle with ultra-lube hubs, leaf springs and shocks, electric trailer brakes with 7-way plug, battery box and power inverter, and sprayed with a bed-liner. I also just ordered an Tepui Ayer RTT for it, and I'd like to build a front box to move the battery there. It tows great!

atlblacksmith

I love the build! You keep squeezing every inch of storage out of it. I have been meaning to make a removable female hitch for mine. Perfect spot for the grill! I put a few receiver hitches around the sides for my grill and maybe a "U" shaped toilet to keep it close to camp. I haven't read much of your comments, just following your progressive photos. With that said might I make a couple suggestions?
1: that is a great spot for your LP tank but a bumper is probably a good idea for its protection/a step/tow anchor points.
2: if your planning on a RTT you'll need a couple jacks in the back corners. I put a truck bed camper slide in on my M116 trailer and with two stands in back it was kind of wonky moving around inside. I sold it since. I have two removable jacks (like your tongue jack but round pipe versions) in back but they wiggle just enough that sleeping in it would be maddening. I'm going to make square sleeves from .25" walled tubing similar to a receiver tube. Welded vertical, the jack legs would be something like stop sign posts with a plate as a foot. You drop your tongue jack down, slide in the jack posts with pins, then raise the tongue to level. This way you can relieve your suspension and also use it to remove tires/axle/springs if needed on the trail. I use the jacks when loading ramps are used so the tongue won't flip up, and for the swing out crane operation.
3: Red dog fabricator installed a water tank underneath and between the frame. Pretty slick set up for water.

Keep it up, looks terrific!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier