Collection of Trailer Builds

grogie

Like to Camp
Not too long ago I added an RTT to my trailer, which this evening was my first tow with my TJ. I had earlier towed with with my wife's Liberty. The trailer tows great! I'll note that having trailer brakes is awesome (brake controller in my TJ), and as well my TJ's Derale transmission cooler kept kicking on so that's good to have. Long live the 42RLE.

LTD man... LTD.

dcgmb.jpg

9g34w.jpg

Last edited:

dmcasshooter

My M101A2 Build

Purchased about a year ago from government auction site.
Stick framed, covered with FRP
2 6 volt batt with inverter for lights, ceiling vent fan and water pump
Pull out sink and two burner stove
RTT hold 3, 2 adults can sleep below
4 corner down riggers and hitch welded on
Stock suspension, trailer lights converted to 12 volt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 287

New Horizons Overland

NEWHORIZONSOVERLAND
My CDN M101

Took me 3 years to find this trailer. It was grey when I found it. I had it media blasted and powder coated. The lid is a single piece of aluminum that was bent with a press brake. I used Yakima roof racks. The awning and mounting brackets are from adventure trailers I also have a set of their can holders mounted the front. All in told it took me about 10 months from start to finish. image.jpg

BUZZ

Harbor Freight Trailer for RTT Tent

I would like to get some plans from someone who built a camping setup,using a HF trailer.Are they strong enough to carry the weight and I saw some nice boxes on trailers to put the tent on.Just wondering how good are these trailers.Like to see some pictures of this set up.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
The MuTTT (Multi-Terrain Tactical Teardrop)

Finally at the stage I can put an exterior pic up for this thread!

Towed Trailer 1.jpg
Towed Trailer 2.jpg

Build Thread HERE

cwadej

just a guy
My continuing build......
the basics so far:
'82 Ford Courier bed, 10 gallons of water in front of each wheel , 2 batteries, 16 gallon fuel tank where spare would go, 2500 Dexter axle, wheels and tires to match Jeep.

Made a little more progress. Figured out the 7 blade wiring colors are not the same as 4 pin. colors way different, so my lights were all jacked up. Got that fixed today.

Here's what we have so far.

My older lock-n-roll.
IMG_1070_zpsb423ed73.jpg

Propane tank mount. I couldnt get anyone to even respond to making a custom hose with bulkhead fittings to pass through the wall, so I cut a big enough hole and put bushings and grommets. White dot in upper right is my water fill. Uses standard water hose.
IMG_1069_zpsc97c50e2.jpg

Distribution block. Switched power comes here, then to device. I did this instead of direct routing in case i change things, and it was much easier to install the switch panel once, instead of every time I wire something in. Also seen is my ghetto rigged ground bus.
IMG_1076_zpsf1a1eaac.jpg

Stove in the stowed position. Still need something to hold it still in transport.
IMG_1078_zps212bcd8f.jpg

Showing the slider and hinge the stove rides on.
IMG_1073_zps0741367d.jpg

The switch panel. Blue Sea 6 switch
IMG_1074_zps31914a2a.jpg

Leveling jacks. I like the BAL C series. I had to put a plate across the back end of the frame to mount the jacks on. As shown the jacks will get high enough to lift the tires off the ground. No need to pull out a jack to change the tire. This is not fully extended. The jacks use a 3/4 socket, as do all my lug nuts. I use a 4-way for easy and fast work here. I changed the handle of the tongue jack to a 3/4 nut also. This lets me carry it inverted and still have ground clearance unless i get serious off road, then I'll pull it off.
IMG_1071_zpsc25edc55.jpg

My water output. the blue flex line unscrews for transport, and I have a cap to cover the spigot. Flex holds the water where I want it. I plan to use a sink sprayer on a 6 foot hose as a shower. It will screw on in place of the flex line.
IMG_1079_zps84eb8589.jpg

The drawers. Racks are done, still building the drawers. They will eventually get lids.
IMG_1080_zps0787cffc.jpg

Seems like not much, but everything takes forever when you are being assaulted by mosquitos constantly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier