Collection of Trailer Builds

Adventure Copan

Adventurer
I'm not sure yet, but I'm guessing around 800-1,200lbs. Gonna take it to the scales after it's completed. It's WAY over built! You can see the build pics on our Facebook page.

-Daniel Kent

Here is my trailer build to add to the list, still a work in progress but I hope to make quick progress!
b991bc5994a1260792c74f2d2a5f7f74.jpg

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130951

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

notdeankane

I would like to get some plans from someone who built a camping setup,using a HF trailer.Are they strong enough to carry the weight and I saw some nice boxes on trailers to put the tent on.Just wondering how good are these trailers.Like to see some pictures of this set up.

Working great for me! Solid enough to take down a forestry road...not sure if it would holdup to serious rock crawling though..?
lid.jpg

packed.jpg

packed2.jpg

Search this forum or wranglerforum.com for JScherb or visit dinoot.com for the plans for the HF trailer.

My build is here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/131311-quot-The-P-F-C-quot-(Primary-Function-Carrying)-Trailer-Build-on-a-budget

Last edited:

kenny1AZ

put gas struts, 50 # in each upright, got lucky, up & down easy with 2 people or set latch pins & get on top, easy down & lock. Tailgate slides off back & into 3/4 sq welded to the uprights, ratchet strap to level the table.

achuto

Observer
put gas struts, 50 # in each upright, got lucky, up & down easy with 2 people or set latch pins & get on top, easy down & lock. Tailgate slides off back & into 3/4 sq welded to the uprights, ratchet strap to level the table.

Nice trailer, I'm doing something similar with mine. Do you happen to remember where you got the struts? I'm having trouble trying to find some with a long throw, Thanks

2X4TACOMA

Just finished the rack for the rtt. Still needs some work but just in time for me to use it opening weekend for deer season.
20140920_150835.jpg

20140920_150928.jpg

MonsterJ

Nice build, AC. I've been lurking on here for a while looking at the various builds and I'm starting my build tomorrow! I took 12 days of vacation and have a garage full of parts. We'll see how it turns out. Here's something I put together in Sketch Up. I'll be sure to add my build thread here.

Ver29JUL.2.jpg

workingonit71

Aspirantes ad Adventure
trailer will be trail capable before vehicle is: putting the cart before the horse?

Photo20140425_083806.jpg I built my trailer of very stout 3/4" plywood, with "steel" inner bracing, and heavyweight tongue and frame reinforcement structure. A/C and generator to power it, dual power sources 110vac and 12vdc, and multiple layers of waterproofing and durable "tractor" outdoor paint. Then, I started to retrofit the base rolling stock by adding new 1/4" frame rails, 3k lb springs, and a 3500 lb Dexter axle w/brakes. I'm currently making changes to my canopy system (I'm adding an awning, for quick deployment), and constructing a quick-disconnect lunette to mate to my ball hitch (ball coupler need not be exchanged). But, wait, I don't yet possess a vehicle capable of taking it off-road! As usual, I got ahead of myself, but that's the way it is. Here's a link to my trailer build pictures here on Expo, and at another linked site: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/130284-my-first-build-4x8-heavy-weight-with-generator-A-C-inside-now-to-begin-using-it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles