Collection of Trailer Builds

cr500taco

Adventurer
Here's a couple teasers of what I built this past week. Once I have time to sit down and do a proper build thread, I'll update this with a link. I've had the GoPro running the whole time during the build doing a time lapse. It will be a fun video to see once I'm finished.

20141012_152046.jpg

20141021_232401.jpg

20141025_002854.jpg

Just running through the thread, trying to get ideas for my build. How well do the Timbrens work? I've been told that Dexter torsions are good for an off road trailer as well. haven't found much feedback on the Timbrens.

stomperxj

Explorer
Just running through the thread, trying to get ideas for my build. How well do the Timbrens work? I've been told that Dexter torsions are good for an off road trailer as well. haven't found much feedback on the Timbrens.

No direct experience but from what I have read the Timbrens get really stiff when cold. All second hand internet sourced info. Take it with a grain of salt....

stomperxj

Explorer
Here's a couple teasers of what I built this past week. Once I have time to sit down and do a proper build thread, I'll update this with a link. I've had the GoPro running the whole time during the build doing a time lapse. It will be a fun video to see once I'm finished.

Monster - nice looking trailer but I'm afraid to ask how much it weighs when you are done. What wall thickness did you use on your various tubes?

Nice work :)

dales133

Observer
whether I build it or buy it, that is exactly what my next camping device will look like....
This is exactly what i was going to build to begin with but ended up building an old school benroy on an offroad chasis.
Just trying to finish off some chasis mods in the rain today before i can start final assembly

superbuickguy

Explorer
This is exactly what i was going to build to begin with but ended up building an old school benroy on an offroad chasis.
Just trying to finish off some chasis mods in the rain today before i can start final assembly

I have a 5x10 quality-built trailer that would be a pretty easy base to build the trailer... but we'll see, I'm still working on this, and a trailer comes after

which means I'll probably make do with my RTT this summer and get on the trailer next winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles