Collection of Trailer Builds

senorschmidt

Here is mine! Work in progress still. But, I guess it always will be.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/155517-New-trailer-build

attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: 5th

Greg_Volkman

Observer
My M-416 Overland Trailer Build!

Resto video is in my signature line. Complete build thread is on pirate4x4 under the trailer forum (same user name for me there).

IMG_8505.jpg

RDK13

Observer
I have spent a lot of time on this site getting great ideas from all ya'll's builds. I still have a few things to do to mine however, I thought I'd share these pics of my trailer.

Jeep Trailer.1.jpg
Jeep Trailer Rear Openjpg.JPG
Jeep Trailer Lid Underside.jpg
Jeep Trailer Gin Side.jpg
Jeep Trailer Tonic Side.jpg
Jeep Trailer Bottle Opener.jpg

Thanks,

Ray

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I have spent a lot of time on this site getting great ideas from all ya'll's builds. I still have a few things to do to mine however, I thought I'd share these pics of my trailer.

View attachment 368335

How did the horizontal mount of the gas cans work out? I've looked at the same approach but clearance issues with removing the retention bracket stopped me.

RDK13

Observer
I went with Adventure Trailers fuel can bracket and I couldn't be happier. I had the same problem with the locking strap and decided the I would cut the strap at the bend and install a hinge. I riveted them on and it looks like it came that way since the whole bracket is riveted to begin with. You can see the hinge in behind my beer in the picture below. I also added a L bracket at the end of the strap to keep it from sliding. I'll take a picture tonight so you can see what I mean. These brackets are awesome the will hold a full can of fuel or water and it doesn't move at all. I did have to use spacers to get some clearance from the body of the trailer so the can will clear the rack I have on the tongue and I cut off the handle on the corner of the tub. I usually keep fuel cans in the brackets all the time just to keep the strap from rattling.

Jeep Trailer Bottle Opener.jpg
you can see the hinge behind my beer
Jeep Trailer Gas Can.JPG
Strap hinges up to access fuel/water can

RDK13

Observer
Here are close ups of the hinge and L bracket I added to my Fuel Can Carrier.
Jeep Trailer Gas Can Hinge2.JPG
Jeep Trailer Gas Can L Bracket2.JPG
the L bracket is riveted to the body of the carrier and not the strap. this allows the strap to pivot up in order to angle the can out of the carrier.

hope this helps

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Here are close ups of the hinge and L bracket I added to my Fuel Can Carrier.

the L bracket is riveted to the body of the carrier and not the strap. this allows the strap to pivot up in order to angle the can out of the carrier.

hope this helps

Awesome! Thank you! I had kicked around the idea of a hinge but I like how you carried through by riveting part of the strap to the carrier body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles