Collection of Trailer Builds

atlblacksmith

ytaba8yp.jpg
jy3y9uda.jpg

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

dmc1

Adventurer
I love the build! You keep squeezing every inch of storage out of it. I have been meaning to make a removable female hitch for mine. Perfect spot for the grill! I put a few receiver hitches around the sides for my grill and maybe a "U" shaped toilet to keep it close to camp. I haven't read much of your comments, just following your progressive photos. With that said might I make a couple suggestions?
1: that is a great spot for your LP tank but a bumper is probably a good idea for its protection/a step/tow anchor points.
2: if your planning on a RTT you'll need a couple jacks in the back corners. I put a truck bed camper slide in on my M116 trailer and with two stands in back it was kind of wonky moving around inside. I sold it since. I have two removable jacks (like your tongue jack but round pipe versions) in back but they wiggle just enough that sleeping in it would be maddening. I'm going to make square sleeves from .25" walled tubing similar to a receiver tube. Welded vertical, the jack legs would be something like stop sign posts with a plate as a foot. You drop your tongue jack down, slide in the jack posts with pins, then raise the tongue to level. This way you can relieve your suspension and also use it to remove tires/axle/springs if needed on the trail. I use the jacks when loading ramps are used so the tongue won't flip up, and for the swing out crane operation.
3: Red dog fabricator installed a water tank underneath and between the frame. Pretty slick set up for water.

Keep it up, looks terrific!

Thanks for the compliments. The trailer does have scissor type stabilizers on the rear that are from a camper and can be bought through Amazon. You can't see them here, bad picture. The way the back is made the bottles are protected fairly well but I do have a bar that I have made that will offer more protection. The bottle mounts are removable when not being used to help with weight and to keep the clean look. The charcoal grill fits great in the front or back and rotates 360 degrees. The table can be used for my small gas grill or whatever and it can be mounted front or back.

atlblacksmith

I bought some scissor style jacks for mine originally but its too high for them to work right, the length of them closed was over half the width of my trailer so they would hit each other. I saw the problem when I went to mock them up. It was disappointing. What's the height of yours (ground to bottom of your frame)?

Gafas

Hello from Angola - Africa,
I'm going to share my build, based on this forum information, first off all, thank you for that.

This is my off road trailer build from a Series 80 LandCruiser.

How I found it
4iew.jpg

First day
xexx.jpg

removed all the weight
dfo4.jpg

some chassis paint on it
ljmm.jpg

the box
h9yu.jpg

Water tank fitting test (best weight distribution place to mount them)
kjz6.jpg

side door installed
an6d.jpg

new cap to close semi ******** removal hole
mcp8.jpg

new cap to close the deferential removal hole
wguy.jpg

spare tire carrier
wkpk.jpg

water pump
0c1u.jpg

some wiring
9b3v.jpg

wiring
f3lbpmj

old Nissan's license plate LED conversion
o3v3.jpg

lsn7.jpg

240v converter
gulv.jpg

main circuit board with charger and 240 converter
10v8.jpg

electrical sockets gray out, blue in 240V
yuoc.jpg

circuit board
fmtl.jpg

finished sockets
4cfb.jpg

finished main board
hn7n.jpg

finished (there is always something to do)
zk18.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier