Observer
Started mine a few days ago, here's a teaser
96b5336a0599cc6944fe3d1320ddb7e2.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413097347419.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413097347419.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 216

MonsterJ

Here's a couple teasers of what I built this past week. Once I have time to sit down and do a proper build thread, I'll update this with a link. I've had the GoPro running the whole time during the build doing a time lapse. It will be a fun video to see once I'm finished.

20141012_152046.jpg

20141021_232401.jpg

20141025_002854.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Thanks, it's for sale! I can't recall the exact brands. However I just bought a heavy duty off road swivel wheel and bolted it to the jack plate.

-Daniel Kent

I bought two tires at Harbor Freight. The problem is the tires constantly lose air ,even with slime in them. I've now seen no flat tires at Tractor Supply and Harbor Freight and will be on my list of things to do.IMG_20141030_082929_820.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I bought two tires at Harbor Freight. The problem is the tires constantly lose air ,even with slime in them. I've now seen no flat tires at Tractor Supply and Harbor Freight and will be on my list of things to do.

Start by replacing the valve stem core then stick in a whole new tube if needed.

bunger

Adventurer
Solid types are way less hassle.
Operate almost as well but never go flat

I originally had solid tires on mine but they always dig into my lawn when I would hand maneuver the trailer into it's storage location. I went with a pneumatic tire and now it just floats over the lawn.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Sorta off topic, how many of you have trailer brakes on you Expo trailer. Mine will be a 6'x5' cargo area around 24" total height, frame will be 2" x 3" square tubing thinking maybe channel over tubing (dont know yet). Typical load will be some extra fuel, water, spare tire, maybe one day a RTT, and other small items. Would you suggest an axle with brakes?

Xrunner

Explorer
Sorta off topic, how many of you have trailer brakes on you Expo trailer. Mine will be a 6'x5' cargo area around 24" total height, frame will be 2" x 3" square tubing thinking maybe channel over tubing (dont know yet). Typical load will be some extra fuel, water, spare tire, maybe one day a RTT, and other small items. Would you suggest an axle with brakes?

Do you absolutely need them? Probably not.

I prefer them for extra control they afford and the mental security in knowing that they are there should I ever need them.

The cost of adding them to a from-scratch build is usually pretty low too... probably a few hundred dollars in parts if your tow vehicle already has a break controller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne